“Beautiful fall”
Review of Aber Falls

Aber Falls
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Went to the park with a friend who lives nearby, the car park is 2£. We had a lovely walk to the fall, and we were surrounded by beautiful scenery.

1  Thank Vyvybrown

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My family and I enjoy walking and wanted to stop somewhere on our 6 hour trip to Anglesey. I stumbled across this place using google maps - and I'm really glad I did. Its about a 45 minute walk from the car park to the falls. Car parking is very reasonable (I think £2 for the entire day!). The walk to the falls itself was lovely. The sound of the river running past you is a great start. In the 45 minutes it takes you to get to the falls the views manage to change along the way. Down in the valley you go from a wooded area, to an open area with amazing views of the hills and cliffs around you. Even from a distance the waterfalls look stunning. Its a dramatic piece of scenery that left me astounded by its sheer beauty - simply breath-taking.
From a practical point of view - the pathway was firm gravel so I imagine you could get a decent baby stroller/buggy over it or possibly a more rugged wheelchair if required (It might be worth telephoning the Reserve Manager on the enquiry line 08451 306 229 just to check though). We went on a Friday morning and although we saw other walkers it wasn't very busy at all. There were several benches along the way for people to have a quick rest of they require. It also looked like there were some more challenging paths leading up into the hills if you're feeling adventurous!
If you like walks, great scenery and you want to feel as if you're in the middle of know-where - this is the place to go. I would love to back and explore more!

7  Thank Denmead32
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The weather wasn't brilliant & we had seen this on tripadvisor, I would recommend this walk to anyone! It took us around 1/2hr to get to the fall at a steady pace and it really is breathtaking and wonderful for photos! Coming in the January was great as we only met a few other walkers

2  Thank Waghorndaybank
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Only a short drive off the A55. The lane through the village is a little tight, so needs care but good parking (pay and display - but worth it) and an easy walk to the most specular views and the waterfall. Looking down the valley we could see the sparkling sea in the distance and at the head, the dramatic water-fall.

This time of the year the colours on the mountains are beautiful and we saw only two other walkers.

1  Thank 4happypensioners
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have taken a great interest in photographing waterfalls and this is so far my favourite. we arrived on a sunny day- not ideal, and were met with rainbows (afternoon sun and view from the right- go over the bridge and up the steps to a quiet area..

2  Thank glennlobo