“A touch of class”

and 1 more site!
Archiestown Hotel and Bistro
Ranked #1 of 1 Archiestown B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 4, 2013

How delightful to find this hotel of considerable charm near Aberlour. We sank into the comfortable sofas in the charming lounge filled with paintings, soft comfortable furniture and good lighting. The menu looked very tempting and it was actually quite difficult to choose.
I chose the crispy pork belly and chilli prawns which were good, my husband had mussels which he pronounced as excellent (I tried the sauce which was indeed very good) and my sister had the cheese soufflé which she thoroughly enjoyed. We all went for the venison main course and it was absolutely delicious, the venison was beautifully cooked and so tender and melt in the mouth it was pure pleasure to eat. We did not have dessert, but they did look very interesting and tempting. The house red wine was very good indeed and perfect temperature. All in all I wish we could have eaten here every night as some of our experiences elsewhere only highlighted this bistro as one of the nicest meals out we have had in some time. I would imagine that the hotel and the breakfast are up to the same standard. Glad to see they got a certificate of excellence - I am not surprised.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very clean well appointed facility, with really good food, all the staff are very nice and helpful, I have stayed there twice so it must have been good, The catering is by far the best I have had in a long time well worth the visit alone.

Room Tip: not the small room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here whilst fishing. The welcome was friendly and the dinners exceptional value and quality. The rooms have been well furnished and decorated with excellent bathrooms and endless hot water. Breakfast was a feast, black pudding, haggis, eggs, bacon, kippers and anything else you fancied. The staff were helpful and cheerful. Beware of " friendly gin and tonic" they are very strong ! I would strongly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Spey

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Frederick C
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is delightful to eat at a restaurant where your order is taken in a plush sitting room and you are invited to your table when your meal is ready. So much nicer than sitting at an empty table until your meal arrives. The meals were very creative, tasty and hearty. My daughter and I were touring distilleries and came to this hotel based on a recommendation from friends. It is an astonishingly wonderful place with kind and courteous staff hidden in an unassuming but lovely building at a crossroad near the Macallan distillery.

Room Tip: We only dined here but I am confident that their attention to detail and to the needs of their guest...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Careful_One
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Over the years I've developed a liking for Scotch Whiskies, but with a strong bias towards Speyside. My WONDERFUL wife booked me a tour of The Macallan distillery and the 'package' included a couple of nights at The Archiestown Hotel. What a gem of a hotel, lovely owners who provided the warmest of welcomes, the food is extremely good, the rooms beautifully appointed, the lounge is snug and comfortable. I highly recommend the hotel as well as visits to the local distilleries - Cardu is as local to Archiestown as the The Macallan and much smaller in scale .. visit both distilleries is my recommendation.

Room Tip: First floor & front of the hotel was very nice and quiet ...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I am at an age where I want to go to places with a 5 star feel but still feels relaxing. The sitting room has plenty of comfortable chairs and settees where you can relax and enjoy a drink. Everyone made us feel welcome from the first minute we arrived. The menu had enough of a choice to suit most people and the food was cooked to perfection. The room was comfortable with toiletries and a hair dryer provided. Overall, it was a really nice stay and I would definitely recommend a visit

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Was with my Dad, sister and brother in law and baby..homely with open fire in sitting room, nice n cozy, great to have tea or coffee after meal...the chicken with stuffed haggis was deliscious! Thanks for showing prep of chicken...

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Archiestown
Dowans Hotel
#1 of 1 in Craigellachie
Mansion House
Mansion House
#3 of 7 in Elgin

Been to Archiestown Hotel and Bistro? Share your experiences!