“Charter Fishing Sturgeon Bay, Green Bay & Door County Wisconsin”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Door County

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
San Francisco, California
18 helpful votes
“Charter Fishing Sturgeon Bay, Green Bay & Door County Wisconsin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

While visiting Door County, friends arranged a fishing trip on Lake Michigan out of Sturgeon Bay with Fritz Peterson owner of JE Fishing Enterprises - This was both my wife's and my first experience 'deep sea' fishing on a professional charter boat. The experience was incredible - Fritz the Captain has been doing this for 35+ years and was exceptional, very friendly, professional, funny and he found a ton of fish for us! His first mate did everything, set the lines, cleaned the fish, he was really hustling. The boat was perfect for the six of us, we were out from about 4am till 11am, and caught nearly twelve very large salmon and steelhead. It was really exciting, way better than I had imagined. I think this is the sort of experience where it's important to go with someone who is safe and really knows what they are doing, and I give Fritz and his crew my full five stars appreciation. Very well done, thanks for the great experience and awesome fish!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
11 helpful votes
“I love Door County!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love to travel and experience new places and new sites, but I keep going back to Door County, WI. There is something about the small towns, the vacation attitude and the water around you that just draws me back.
We always find a house to rent, depending on the size of our traveling group. We like staying in the Upper Door County area. I am partial to the charm of Ephraim.
We go to the beaches, the lake side and the Green Bay sides are very different. We like to explore the shopping and eat out too. The frozen custard at Not Licked Yet and Fred and Fuzzy's are classic summer places to eat.
The summer theater in the State Park is always entertaining, I've even seen two different shows in one week.
I've heard this described as the "Cape Cod of the Midwest". It is the closest we will get to the quaint coastal towns. and it is only a few hours drive from Mpls/St Paul.

Green Bay
“Wonderful Time in Door County”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

My husband and I took a trip to Door County over the summer and stayed at Birchwood Lodge in Sister Bay. The people there were absolutely wonderful and we would recommend that place to anyone. The rooms are very spacious and relaxing, with the fireplace and hot tub. If you're looking for a place to get away from things for awhile, I would recommend the Birchwood Lodge!

chicago
“Door County - a great vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

Last summer my husband and I along with our 11 year old son went to Door County - in the Sister Bay area. The area is known for their sour cherries and I had a great time in a cherry shop - my son loved the cherry donuts, I bought cherry-raspberry pie filling to take home and a bottle of sparkling cherry juice. We went on a trolley tour of the area and learned about the history. We went to several restaurants and each was fantastic! I had the best drink ever- a cherry bomb at a local bar and grill. Al Johnson's - known as the restaurant with the goats grazing on the roof - is famous for delicious Swedish pancakes. They have a wonderful gift shop full of uncommon Scandinavian items - I found my Finnish mother in law a beautiful Finland calendar. The golf and go-karts were fun, as was going to a real drive in movie - I couldn't believe any still existed. We toured a light house museum and for those who love antique shops, there are several. A nice family trip!

chicago
“I like this place very much”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I went to wisconsin door county.i went here to see fall colors I like this place very much,I enjoyed the fall colors.I went to the Island in between the water.It is very exiting.In one place we went on to the tower"fire tower" from that tower we can view the trees for very long distance,It is very beautiful view.

Been to Door County? Share your experiences!