La Vista Hotel & Beach Resort
TravelBook.ph
  • Breakfast included
$83
  • Pool
Green Canyon Eco Art Resort(Clark Freeport Zone)
$207
$111
Areiv Inn(Mabalacat)
$25
$17
Agoda.com
The Mansion(Clark Freeport Zone)
$75
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Midori Clark Hotel and Casino(Clark Freeport Zone)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After a horrific stay at Bakasyunan we fled to La Vista Hotel.

Already at the gate we could see the quality of this hotel was above standard in Iba. Everything looked new and everything was clean. A nice big tree covering the public area giving a lovely shadow in the extreme heat was refreshing and idyllic.

We were met by a very kind staff, who understood western mythology and know how to take care of them. My wife being Filipino only made everything even more smooth. The staff will always service you before anything else and even do it with a smile.

The room.
Big, refreshing and clean. We had a beach front view which was astonishing. Very nice and LOW NOISE air conditioning, what more could you ask for? The toilet was clean and spacey with room to actually move around. There was minor errors but we were not even seeing it, as we were stunned about the quality of this hotel. Only when we had the cleaning lady clean the room i could see some things had been fixed, but that also shows, they care and they actually take the time to do things properly.

TV was nice, many channels to choose from and nice flat screen with good sound and good picture quality. Internet was not working with our stay due to theft. It didn't bother us at all. We later bought a mobile broadband modem with Globe which turned out to service all our internet needs for a low price.

The restaurant.
They had a little of everything. Good breakfast and nice selection of all day meals. According to my wife it was a little pricey, but me, being European thought it was extremely cheap.

Breakfast meals were sublime. Pancakes, french toast, you name it. It tasted nice and it was good produce. Again the service was good. The cook knew what he was doing.
The few times we had dinner at the restaurant was satisfying. Everything tasting good and looking inviting made it a good experience. Small selection of drinks, juice and beer. I would have liked to see Red Horse on the menu, but hey, i couldn't complain, Save More supermarket was only 2km away.

The Beach.
La Vista is right on the beach. We're talking 25 meters from the actual water. The view was breathtaking and water warm and soft. There is no pool and the hotel, but who needs it, when the beach is literary right there. The management had placed tables and chairs for guests to use. They would even serve drinks for you, if you were on the beach.

The bad things.
Every hotel has bad things. I must admit though, that these things didn't actually bother me much, which is only positive. They had a Videoke system and when used it was turned up to the highest volume. 1 night we experienced a larger party, where the Videoke was used until 3 am. The worst thing is, that actual party left 1 am and thereafter the staff was using it for an additional 2 hours. It woke me up once, but then i went back to sleep. My wife didn't notice.

There were actual raging gangs of dogs on the beach. Sometimes you would hear them bark and chase after humans as most of them had rabies. You would also see them in daylight, but they just coexisted with everything else and they didn't bother us. Locals would chase them away if situations would get heated. I would suggest keeping a distance personally.

As a final word i would like everyone reading to know, that we've only tried the delux room. We don't know anything about the quality of the other rooms. The hotel is new, so i would expect everything to be in a good shape. I would definitely suggest you stay at this hotel, it's the best we've tried in Iba so far.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple