“Great food and atmosphere”

The Cricketers Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Meopham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Fusion, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A pub with a restaurant
York, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Came here on the Sunday after Christmas for some lunch on the off chance there would be tables available. Ate at a table in the bar area and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Usually most pubs would ask you to order from the bar, however here they took our orders at the table.

Really pleasant staff, wishing us a happy new year too.

Food was great. Half leg of lamb very tender with nice dauphinoise potatoes. Fish pie was very tasty too. Definitely happy we dropped in here.

Good selection of seasonal and normal ales.

maidstone
“The people of Meopham are lucky!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We arrived the Saturday after Christmas and were very lucky to get a table. Very attentive, happy staff. We heard about the terrible power cut they had endured, what a wonderful gesture to the villagers, I am sure the villagers will support the pub during the coming year. The food was delicious, I had the lamb chop with kidneys, which were threaded on a stick of rosemary. It was supposed to come with a wholegrain mustard sauce, but not being a lover of mustard I asked if I may have the other sauce (can't remember what flavour now!) but it went with the other lamb dish ! I shouldn't... but I succumbed to a pudding....pannatone trifle with Limencello....I can't tell you how delicious it was...hats off to the chef ...do try it you won't be disappointed ...although I have to say I am getting irritated by the price of puddings now, not really justified.. I will have to forgo them ! Well done and I hope the coming year will be good for you all at the Cricketers !

“One in a million”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked to visit the cricketers on Boxing Day this year however due to the weather and the fact they have no power in meopham this has had to be cancelled. I received a call from the owner who has had to cancel all bookings from Christmas Eve through to and including Boxing Day he has lost thousands however he apologised and wished me a merry Xmas. He also invited me and my family along for a free meal when they get their power back on. As well as this he knocked on all the doors in the village taking over two hours and invited everyone who wanted to come for a Xmas dinner in the local church hall that had power over a 100 people turned up and he and his staff cooked the whole thing on Xmas day for free. If that's not community spirit and a landlord worth supporting don't know what is. I would recommend visiting this pub what a lovely thing to do.

3 Thank Whiteheadjulia
Kent
“Amazing christmas lunch”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Storms blew into Kent christmas week, taking down power lines and leaving people without electricity. I jokingly said to my partner "wouldn't it be funny if the Cricketers Inn had a power cut on christmas day and we had no lunch".Oh how we laughed. 2 hours later the phone rang. "Er, it's David from the Cricketers , we have had a power cut and the electricity is not going to get restored for Christmas day". Contingency plan was xmas lunch in the local church hall! We have eaten at the Cricketers many, many times and knew that no matter what, they would do their very, very best to give us the best meal they could…. and they did not disappoint. Considering this was all arranged last minute, we were astounded. In the face of adversity, the staff worked hard, the food was great and the customers all seemed to be having a good time.
Hats off to the whole team, a sterling effort. Well done and happy christmas.

2 Thank ldale330
Northfleet, United Kingdom
“hidden gem”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I drive past this place on a regular basis and have never paid much attention however, after dining here with my mother and father in law i was totally shocked. What appears to be just another chain pub is a hidden gem that is there restaurant. They clearly have a talented chef. I had the steak it was cooked to perfection and accompanied with roasted vine tomatoes which were gorgeous. My partner swears that his traditional fish and chips were the best he had ever eaten. To some the menu might be expensive but I believe you get what you pay for and here its goo quality food prepared by an experienced Chef.

• Visited November 2013