“best food we had in Matakana”
Review of Plume Restaurant

Plume Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Matakana
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated just an hour's drive from Auckland or Whangarei, Plume, the vineyard restaurant, Matakana is a must visit destination on any Matakana wine or food journey - we believe we are all about fabulous local New Zealand wine and produce which together can celebrate "culinary diversity." Plume is a small town, rural, rustic restaurant with friendly service from locally employed staff. It is a great change from the starchy fine dining service of a big city like Auckland yet is in a class of its own.
Taupo, New Zealand
“best food we had in Matakana”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Food was great but lacked presentation was flat. Service was efficient, but not very friendly. They food though was great and with a little bit more effort.

Visited January 2014

Auckland
“Stunning setting - wonderful food”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great menu and service - recommend for a leisurely lunch - it gets warm on the courtyard so sit inside if you want to keep cooler in summer - private function room by the looks too.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank littlemizfab
Warkworth, New Zealand
“Great food, wine and service”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Four us had dinner at Plumes last Saturday evening. We have been several times before, especially when we have friends up from Auckland as well as overseas visitors. The meals are always 'fine dining' with great wines and superb service. We were in the hospitality industry in Bermuda and U.K. We live in Warkworth and I know many of our friends and acquaintances regularly dine there. The ambience is great with various lovely dining areas including outside on the terrace in summer. I would recommend Plumes as one to the best restaurants in N.Z.
Carole Robertson

• Visited January 2014
New Zealand
“Great dinner, great evening ”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

It is hard to find consistently good restaurant, especially north of Auckland. Plume Matakana is one of the better higher class restaurants. There is no point going there if you want piggery style meal where one portion of main could feed the army and a quality of it is just ok. I myself want something better not just feel the stomach but have an experience. Yesterday I have decided to visit Plume. And I was not disappointed. They had a good choice if wines and couple meal specials which was great to hear. The waiter was pleasant not into you face. I ordered my favourite duck leg, which is Asian inspired meal, which I enjoyed. If you want something special and different you must visit Plume. There price range from 15 to 40 dollars, made with love and passion and I can see it and tasted on the plate. I do recommend this restaurant to food lovers, who appreciate good quality food, great atmosphere and fantastic location.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have visited Plume several times with different friends and all of us have enjoyed the experience immensely. The warmth of the staff, the quality of the food, the every generous portions, the beautiful view and excellent wine all make for a lovely day trip from Auckland.

• Visited October 2013