“Too much”

Matakana Market Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Matakana
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jamaica
“Too much”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A wonderful place beside a bubbling stream. Pleasant environment, Good menu, well prepared. Braised lamp, clam chowder, thai soup - and we staggered out. The quantities, at least for us, were huge as a consequence we left have of it behind. We were offered containers so we could take the left overs. Bill was NZ$72. Wait staff were great ! Worth repeat visits. Reservations recommended

Sydney, Australia
“Laid back and lovely”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited during the week. Sadly markets were not on but the tasteful shops more than compensated. This restaurant is located overlooking a very pretty stream and has all the usual wildlife to keep things interesting. Service is laid back although some might describe it as slow. We were not in any hurry so suited us fine. Food is just divine, someone in that kitchen knows what he or she is doing. Little bit pricey given that it was lunch and we didn't have any wines, but only good memories of our last day in New Zealand....We will be back.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent lunch in a hurry.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Due to a contractor arriving late, I ended up only having fifteen minutes for lunch. This was not a problem for MMK, who had my Ploughmans wrap to my table in under ten, together with my latte (which they had the perfect "drinking fast temperature!"). I could only eat half my wrap, and enjoyed the other half even more, later in the day.

Hervey Bay, Australia
“Best Steak and friendly Service too!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

New Zealand meats are a cut above most places in the world - but anywhere that can perfectly produce a request for a medium-medium-rare steak, has to be commended. I also love the presentation of my salad which was ensconced in its case and presented so beautifully that I almost did not want to spoil it by eating it :).

Visited September 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We decided to take my Mum to Matakana For old times sake. Walked into Market Kitchen, lovely setting and ordered. We waited 50 mins for our breakfast despite the restaurant being very quiet. I ordered fried eggs. When eventually arrived they were incredibly overcooked and dry with toast that I had to discard as being so hard to cut. Mums dish which was avocado on toast, again very disappointing as was the scrambled eggs and full breakfast. Cold coffee didn't help. I went to pay and was asked if we enjoyed our meals. Explained that no we hadn't but it was obvious they weren't interested. Won't be back.

• Visited September 2013