“Very good family meal”

Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had two meals here over this weekend - one on friday night and one on Sunday lunchtime. Both occasions service was very good and so too was the food. I was one adult dining with three children and one of whom was on a gluten free diet. The menu had a very generous amount of gluten free options. It was lovely being outside while eating and we had a really fun evening.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Good local food friendly staff and clearly popular with the locals. After we had eaten we asked for directions to the toilets and these are outside the main door and along a corridor and are worth a special mention for their colours. Ladies is entirely bright lime green and gents a blazing orange throughout!

1  Thank Alison W
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The atmosphere and setting of this restaurant is really lovely. It is beside a river and is nicely set out with big windows for the view. I ordered the vegeterian with bacon which was very tasty and I really enjoyed. My husband had fish & chips and his only complaint was the fish was a bit dry. I am still giving a 5 stars rating as my meal , the service we received and the setting was excellent. Thank you.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visited MMK in June, taking with us a German business associate. Our meal was great on that night, but when I asked for the dessert menu I was disappointed to see that there was nothing typically NZ on the menu that I could showcase to our visitor. I would have loved to have seen an individual pavlova or something like that, so when I came home that night, I wrote to the restaurant asking that they think about perhaps including something like that on the menu.

Last Friday night, we were back at MMK for a special celebration birthday and I had the pork belly, which was nice, but the portion was a little too large for me, the significant other had the hapuka, which he said was perfect. Anyway, to cut a long story short I thought I would check out the dessert menu. There it was, individual pavlova, so I ordered that and I have to say it was absolutely perfect. Lightly whipped cream, the fruit content was just right. It could have been my Mum's recipe, and as it turned out when we told the story to the young man at the cash register, he said it was his Mum's recipe. Well done, thank you for listening and keep up the good work.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Was disappointed as it was my wife's birthday.waited over an hour for starter, then had starter and mains arrive at the same time. Meals were fine but service left a little to be desired, though maître de did apologize. Value for money ok. Perhaps waiter a little young and inexperienced.