“Nice setting but be early if you want food.”

Morris & Jame's Cafe-Bar
Ranked #16 of 26 Restaurants in Matakana
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Nice setting but be early if you want food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

The cafe and shop are worth coming to. Not cheap but a beautiful setting. The coffee was good but there was only sweet food or full meals available at afternoon tea time.

• Visited January 2014

Auckland
“A LOVELY SETTING OFF THE MAIN ROAD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

We come here from time to time because it is on the way to 'Ti Point', and has a charming leafy courtyard where we can get the dog out of the car and have a bite to eat.. It is a peaceful spot, off the main road in a more rural location, and surrounded by creative pottery making it quite unique. The food is fresh and tasty if a little pricey - but one would expect that in this utique environment, and there are cheaper options in the glass cabinet (or in the village). The only negative is a sense that the staff are not very sociable, and a more friendly attitude would bring this up into the 'must do' category.

• Visited December 2013
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Aviod”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

After a tour around the pottery factory a spot of lunch would have hit the spot, What better than the café right there? Wrong! The food was very pricey but there are cabinet options. We choose to go with cheese scones which were dry, my mum cake was dry almost burnt , my cake was not that good. My mum ordered a Americano and got a long black with hot water. She went to the counter and said she wanted an milk with it as this is what we get elsewhere. She got attitude for her trouble from both the waitress and what I assumed was the manager.

The table number was handy to shoo away the sparrows

• Visited November 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Relaxed cafe in lovely arty setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I came here for a late and relaxed lunch about 3pm on Saturday. Morris & Jame's Cafe was perfect for this. Whilst a lot of other cafes in town were closed for lunch service by this time, and the remaining wineries too busy, bustling and I can imagine rushed; here I was able to sit outdoors underneath the vines and shade cloths to enjoy a sunny, afternoon meal unhurried and undisturbed.
I had a starter off the specials board, an orange, carrot and pumpkin soup. Then I had the Snapper and coriander fish cakes for main with a glass of wine. All divine! So delicious. I especially recommend the fish cakes. They were nice and meaty with fish, and nicely spiced too. Very tasty. The cakes and sweets in the cabinets looked very tempting but I was so satisfied from my meals I couldn't fit another thing in.
While not at all rude or unpleasant, the staff were not as welcoming as one can get used to with Kiwi hospitality. However this didn't affect the experience, but it could have been the icing on the cake.
I enjoyed reading the weekend newspaper during my meal. There is pottery decorating the courtyard, and a children's' playground too. Will be back when in the area again.

• Visited October 2013
UK
“Very rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I came here with two kids hubbie and auntie and whilst I appreciate it was late they were still open so was shocked at how rude staff were about what was available which was very little. They should just have said no sorry we are closed very unimpressed.