“Have Camel, Will Travel”
Review of Negev Camel Ranch

Negev Camel Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Dimona
New Albany, Indiana
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Have Camel, Will Travel”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

In the middle of nowhere but worth the trek. We went for the 1 hour camel ride. Because of a mistake I made, we arrived too early for the 1 hour ride. Normally, in the summer (this was May) it is too hot to go before 4 pm and it was around 1 pm. We couldn’t wait around until 4 but the sky was overcast and it wasn’t hot. We asked if we could possible ride anyway and thankfully they agreed. So my husband and I each had our own camel. Our guide was terrific and I wish I could remember her name but she was young, in her twenties I’d say and you could tell she really loved and cared for and about the camels. This was important to me as many times animals used as tourist rides are not well cared for.
She told us many interesting facts and stories about the camels as we rode and answered our questions. Camels are very smart animals and these were one hump camels. I asked if they had two hump camels and she said that two hump camels are for cold climates. The ride was very comfortable, more comfortable to me than riding a horse. Our guide said she thought it was like riding a couch. She also told us some history about the area and about the Nabateans.
They recommend you wear closed-toe shoes. I would also bring a hat and water as you are not a camel.
The camels were friendly and funny and we had a very enjoyable ride.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Martyk74

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Camels are Weird & Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our family of four rode camels at the Negev Camel Ranch. It was a blast. The camels are clean & well cared for. They make crazy noises and have awful teeth. My daughter loves animals and it was one of the highlights of her trip! We took the one hour ride (that's plenty!) and enjoyed the desert views. Bring your sunscreen & your camera…we loved it!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank WDP2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Camel power--the only way to travel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Tour bus turns off main road to middle of nowhere. Until we reach the Camel Ranch. Lots of camels ready to ride. Our group was in a caravan.

A camel holds two pax around one central hump. The camel is mounted with an aide, and well, when it stands up, it's at a steep pitch- HOLD ON-, when it rests, same thing, BIG DIP forward!

Cool to look at, and photograph. Would have loved the ride to be longer (any GREAT experience we want to have continue, right?)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DavidHHall
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Authentic!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was seeking adventure and found it. The ranch was off the beaten path. Wondering what I had signed up for when the lodging looked like a shack. Greeted in the "lobby" with wonderful tea. Room was basic but the sounds of the desert gave it a feel no five star hotel could replicate. Could hear and see the camels frolic in the hammock. Idyllic. Breakfast was better than the Marriott buffet. Fresh fruit, cheeses,bread, olives -- you name it. Should have taken longer camel ride in the canyon. Family owned business. Went with my 19- year-old son.

Visited July 2013
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun to do”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was fun. 2 people get to ride a camel.I was in the back and my husband was in the front Once completed you get a camlel driving license. A nice dinner is included by Abraham.

Visited May 2013