“Camel power--the only way to travel”
Review of Negev Camel Ranch

Negev Camel Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Dimona
Boynton Beach, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Camel power--the only way to travel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Tour bus turns off main road to middle of nowhere. Until we reach the Camel Ranch. Lots of camels ready to ride. Our group was in a caravan.

A camel holds two pax around one central hump. The camel is mounted with an aide, and well, when it stands up, it's at a steep pitch- HOLD ON-, when it rests, same thing, BIG DIP forward!

Cool to look at, and photograph. Would have loved the ride to be longer (any GREAT experience we want to have continue, right?)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank DavidHHall

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Authentic!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was seeking adventure and found it. The ranch was off the beaten path. Wondering what I had signed up for when the lodging looked like a shack. Greeted in the "lobby" with wonderful tea. Room was basic but the sounds of the desert gave it a feel no five star hotel could replicate. Could hear and see the camels frolic in the hammock. Idyllic. Breakfast was better than the Marriott buffet. Fresh fruit, cheeses,bread, olives -- you name it. Should have taken longer camel ride in the canyon. Family owned business. Went with my 19- year-old son.

Visited July 2013
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun to do”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was fun. 2 people get to ride a camel.I was in the back and my husband was in the front Once completed you get a camlel driving license. A nice dinner is included by Abraham.

Visited May 2013
Herzliya, Israel
318 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“Great desert adventure and camel riding”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great adventure to experience in the heart of Negev desert. Rooms are simple but fit the atmosphere . Food is excellent and traditionally Bedouin stile cooked . Best service of the family that owns the place. Professional camels farm. To visit or to sleep in .

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Gidons51
Rancho Cordova, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awsome off the beaten path experiance.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

From the moment I arrived this was a great experience. I took the train from Tel Aviv to Beer Sheeva and then took a bus to Dimona. Got to Dimona late about 8:30pm, but I called the Camel Ranch and they came and picked me up anyway just like their add said they would. Mrs. Ullmann the owners wife actually picked me up and was very kind. They accomodated my late arrival and still made me feel right at home with hot tea and one of the workers there offered to cook me dinner anyway (Naved i believe) and it was wonderful. Woak up the next morning and took a sunrise hike to the top of one of the hills and wondered through a close by canyon which led me to some old ruins at Mamshit. Then I returned from my early morning hike for a delightful breakfast served at these tables where you have to lie down to eat. It was wonderful food, fruit, bread, coffee, juice, hummis, jelly, cheeses, and so much more, I felt like I was at a 5 star hotel. The people that work there spoke english and helped me identify some animals i took pictures of on my early morning hike, (conies in the rocks) The camel ride was great. I have nothing to say but good things about this place. What can I say I love simple, authentic, off the beaten path, quality places, this was one of them.

Visited May 2013