“Excellent start-up with a quality focus”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Angolino

L'Angolino
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Doune
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Excellent start-up with a quality focus”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Firstly, my wife and I know the owners. We have been here twice. The first time was an impromptu lunch. I had the pasta al ragu. The sauce is meaty and flavoursome and not at all runny. my wife's was also very good. She remarked on the fact that the pasta was not over-cooked. Excellent start. The second time was planned, we went there with my brother and his family. This time pizza was chosen by several members of the party and it was excellent. My wife is Sicilian and would say if things were not good. I had the lasagne al forno and again it was very good. The portions are generous and the service very friendly. It is all about the food and experience. Gerry (referred to on here as "the chef in the shorts" LOL) will have no problem with you telling what you think and will appreciate all constructive comments. Best of luck guys M, N and I will see you soon, with the Mother -in-Law!

3 Thank Kenneth B

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Worth traveling to.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal last night. Good food, with genorous portions, and good service. Would eat here again.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Mo T
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We visited L'Angolino for lunch on a Sunday and enjoyed it very much. We had the trio of bruschetta, the farfalle al salmone affumicato, tortelli alla zucca and a pizza. The toppings for the bruschetta were very well balanced and the bread nice and crisp. The pasta was al dente, just as you would have it in Italy. We all agreed that the food was delicious and unfortunately we were in a bit of a rush, otherwise we would have tried one of the desserts as well. The restaurant is quite small but the atmosphere is lovely and it has a cosy and warm feel. The staff was also very welcoming and friendly. All in all a great experience and a shame that the restaurant is not closer to Edinburgh.

5 Thank 640JenniferS
Doune, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was brought to this lovely Italian restuarant by my family last week. The service was fantastic, the staff friendly and the food delicious. I felt the prices were great value for money and i love the fact they dont double book tables which means you can sit back, relax and enjoy for as long as you wish. Its great to see such a great restuarant in Doune and i will definately be back!

5 Thank 624DonnaM
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wee gem in Doune”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Fab eaterie, food was so tasty, full of flavour and cooked to perfection. Very friendly staff and very relaxed atmosphere. Great value for money. Will definitely eat here again.

5 Thank Avril715