My husband & I just got back from a weeks stay. This place was o.k., but I can't say I'd ever want to return. First, the beach is brown and muddy from the river. Don't expect anything close to a white beach in this area.
The restaurants Tuscany & the Seafood restaurant were not very good. They lost our reservation on both of these and when we finally got another I wondered why I bothered. The food in the main restaurant was pretty good. Salad bar was the best! Fruit fresh and good too.
Room was clean, but scarce. View in our first room was of the parking lot and a used mattress. We complained and they moved us to a garden view which was o.k., but nothing special. There was no balcony and the windows didn't open.
The alcoholic drinks were not too good. Only one kind of beer-Imperial, lots of sweet drinks, no bourbon, wine not to swift.
Hotel grounds were clean and pools too. Lots of families, so if you have kids it's a good place to go.
The big pool is great for kids. It's not deep and it's near the nacho bar.
Rent a car and don't bother with the organized trips. They are expensive. You can drive yourself and see and do the exact same thing with little expense. We drove and saw the Areana Volcano, the waterfalls, the crocdiles, the rainforest and any other sign seeing we wanted.
Puntareanus is dirty and the shopping there was poor. Jaco seemed to be pretty nice with descent shopping.
The staff at Hotel Fiesta and Costa Rica were very nice, friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas