Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$72
Hotel Portobello(Punta Arenas)
$78
  • Restaurant
Costa del Sol Restaurante & Hotel(Puerto Caldera)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Hotel Alamar(Punta Arenas)
$59
Alamar Aparthotel(Punta Arenas)
$87
  • Pool
Hotel Las Brisas(Punta Arenas)
$79
Travelocity
$65
$165
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,934 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantcosta ricasan josezip liningdouble treenachostortuga islandnegative reviewscentral pacificlounge chairsarenal volcanorented a carhamburgertour guideopen airhour drivea lot of fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was concerned about my stay here because of some bad reviews. I can say that I had no issues with anything on the property. It is geared toward locals and this is apparent everywhere but I have no problem with that. I did stay in building three which is the newest and got some nice perks for being a HH Diamond member.

Room Tip: Get building 3
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Terry B
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Terry B:

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your stay in our Resort.

It is good to know that you were received with a warm welcome and that we surprised you with the extra amenities in your room, for being Hilton Honors Diamond Member.

We look forward to welcome you back to this home, thank you for your loyalty with Hilton Hotels.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil

Reviewed January 19, 2014

When I reached Costa Rica I lost my wallet was in hours of traffic but the front desk assisted me with getting my wallet back was warm and welcoming in my moment of panic. The guest service team was great especially Ana Gonzalez. I had a birthday greeting as I entered my room and my room request was accommodated. The hotel is beautiful. The excursions I booked with Adolfo from hotel beds were AMAZZZZZINGGGGG and perfection. He was a great assistance prior to me even reaching Costa Rica. The tour guides and staff were amazing. This was the best birthday weekend ever. Thank you PURA VIDA!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Cspencer87
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Cspencer8:

First of all I would like to thank you so much for choosing us as destination to celebrate your birthday, we are so honoured be part of that special occasion.

We are so happy to learned from your review that you had such a wonderful time in our resort during your stay and that our staff have made you feel welcome and appreciated, I'm delighted to know you have explored our country and its nature in the hands of a professional team.

We hope to welcome you back in the future,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I started off our new year by traveling to Costa Rica and staying at the double tree resort in Puntarenas. From check in to check out everyone was helpful and friendly. The best part of our stay was our tour guide Dimas Saravia with transfer and tours. He made it a more personal experience. The only complaint was, children were allowed to swim up to the pool bar. There should an area for adults only.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tifpaschen
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Tifpasche:

Receive a greeting on behalf of the Doubletree Resort by Hilton Central Pacific - Costa Rica.

We appreciate that you have shared your kind comments with the Trip Advisor´s community, details about the overall service and the facilities from our Resort. We are so glad to know that you lived the Doubletree experience, thank you very much for bringing into our attention your suggestion.

We really appreciate your review and thank you for letting us being part of your rewarding experience in Costa Rica, we hope see you back in the near future.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We traveled as a family of 9 from the age of 8 up to 67 - and we all had a great time, no problems with food, room etc. We did lots of excursions that were fantastic!
Monkeys & crocodiles, Poas volcano and La Paz Waterfall, and Tortuga Island, all fantastic!
The rooms were typical but what more do you need? they were clean and comfortable. would have been nice to have a fridge but that didn't ruin my vacation. the grounds were gorgeous and workmen were constantly cleaning and fixing things. I found the food to be good, with a good selection at the buffet and the a la cartes were delicious too! the pools were awesome and the staff too, although didn't all speak english, we always found a way to communicate. if you go into a place like this with an open mind, remembering you are in another country, you'll be fine. this is not a beach to lay on, the sand is dark, volcanic sand, too hot to walk on and being on the pacific it's quite wavy. the pools more than made up for the lack of ocean swimming for us and there is always the Tortuga Island tour. Overall we loved this place, Costa Rica is a beautiful county with warm, friendly people, and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: request a room with a balcony, not all rooms have balconies but it's worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank lisamtravels003
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Mrs. Lisamtrav:

I would like to thank you for sharing this review about your experience in Costa Rica.

We are so happy to know that your vacations in our country were unforgettable, we are grateful for having chosen our resort to be part of it.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back, in the near future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

There was nothing special about this place. For being an all inclusive beachfront resort, I expected it to be better. It was clean for the most part. The hotel rooms need updating. We had little mold in our bathroom. Paint is splitting on walls. The door had few cracks in it as well. The food was ok. It was the same each nite, they need a little more variety. The beach sucks. It is public, so all locals come party and drive motorcycles cars on the beach, lots of trash they set off fireworks one nite 230 in the morning. Service was good most staff spoke good english. Pool was nice and clean. Lots of kids there, not a place for couples. Overall I was disapointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 485Jeff
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear 485Jeff:

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay in our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, including when comments help identify ways we can improve.

I learned from your review that you found our hotel to be somewhat dated and that your bathroom had a moldy smell. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property. Our main priority is for all our guests to have an exceptional experience and I feel happy that the food and our five different pools were on your liking.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in Costa Rica.