My boyfriend and I traveled to Costa Rica for an 8 day/7 night vacation at this resort and had very few complaints, if any, when we left. Both being Type-A personalities, we did our research before booking.
Firsly, I would recommend Dimas at firstname.lastname@example.org for your airport transporstation and excusions. His prices are extremely reasonable and he's 100% staight up about the best places to see and what is a total waste of time. He quoted us one price for the airport transport, but becuase there were 2 other couples arriving at the same time, he cut the price in half for everyone. His prices on the local excursions were at least $15-$20 cheaper per person than the other companies we heard about. He gave us great about what to bring with us like sun block and bug spray (which will run you about $15 a bottle at the gift shop!)
Upon our arrival, we were greeted immediately and given a map of the grounds, a spa menu and 10% discount coupon to the gift store. We got there a little early, so our room wasn't ready - We took the time to go get acclimated and grabbed lunch at the main dining area. The staff at the front desk as well as the Customer Service Reps were extremely helpful in booking our dinner reservations at the two more formal dining areas. There is complimentary wifi in the lobby, just ask for the password at the front desk.
Our first impression of the food was pretty good. There were a lot of options and we both found a few items that we really liked. The service was good and they brought over our drinks pretty quickly. Over the next week, we both agreed that the quality of the food and the variety of what was being offered only improved. We loved the theme nights! The snack shop (which had been temporarily relocated due to some property improvements) had great afternoon snacks like pizza and hot dogs and hamburgers. To be honest, after reading a lot of the reviews about the food quality, I was a little nervous, but after our experience, I have zero complaints. Even though the food is kept outside all day, it is maintained extremely well. The cold food stays cold and the hot food is always kept covered and hot. We always found the fish to be fresh and have great taste. I was also worried about eating outside; that the bugs would be unbearble. But that couldn't have been further from the truth. I don't know if I saw a single insect the entire time we were there!
We had a room in building 3, the newest builidng and we were thrilled with the accomodations. It was clean and bright and had a great view, as we requested. The bathroom was cleaned and restocked every morning.
We used the fitness center and while it was small, there were enough options to get a decent workout in. The spa, which just opened recently, was spectacular. Stunning views and palm leave covered treatment rooms left nothing to be desired. I got the house massage and my boyfriend had the deep tissue massage - we both enjoyed our treaments and the staff was very accomodating. The pools and decks are cleaned daily and the restrooms (all over the resort) are immaculate. The beach is not the best place for swimming, but we found it to be clean and well kept. The staff at the hotel will warn you not to leave the beach beyond hotel property, but again it's not really a beach for swimming and the like. We wanted to spend a day at the beach, so we booked an excursion to Tortuga Island and were more than satisfied.
All in all, we couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable time - In hind sight, reading reviews about people "sweating to death in the lobby", "having trouble understanding the accents of the staff members", and "seeing lizards everywhere", I wonder if they realize that this resort is in Central America!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas