This is a great all inclusive hotel for the price. We stayed in Building 3, the newest building and I am glad we did. Once checked into the resort I asked to look at one of the mini-suites in Building 2, as it was the same price as the deluxe room in Building 3. I would say that the deluxe room is much better than the mini suite. Newer, and has nice tall ceilings. The pools are what make this resort. They are huge and plentiful and have swim up bars. The food was average, but I wouldn't expect anything better at a reasonably priced all inclusive.
Pros: Big, free form pools. Pool bars. Bar tenders will make your drink nice and strong if you ask. Make excellent Bloody Marys. Comfortable beds. Air conditioning is ice cold. Really hot water and great pressure in the bathroom. Plenty of sun chairs to relax on. Service was very good. The breakfast buffet in the morning is quite good; lots of fresh juices and tasty food options.
Cons: Pool bars close at 6pm, so the only place to get a drink is at the main bar, which is right by the buffet, so it is awkward to walk up there in your swimsuit and ask for a drink when people are trying to eat dinner. Beach is not pretty or very good for swimming (as should be expected in this part of Costa Rica). Unless you stay 3 nights or more, you can not get a reservation at the nice restaurants; although we were able to get a reservation at the Latin restaurant for 9pm on our last night (the food wasn't that good, but the ambiance and presentation were excellent). The sprinklers turn on in the early morning and they were very loud from inside our room. There is no room service available.
To sum it up: If you are a rich, easily disturb person, go to the all inclusive in Guanacaste and pay double to triple the price. If you are just looking to relax at the pool, eat and drink all you want, and enjoy the beautiful weather with good company, stay at the Doubletree Puntarenas. I will be going back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas