Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
Costa del Sol Restaurante & Hotel(Puerto Caldera)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Beachfront
Hotel Alamar(Punta Arenas)
$59
$57
Hotel Las Brisas(Punta Arenas)
$93
Hotel Tioga(Punta Arenas)
  • Pool
Alamar Aparthotel(Punta Arenas)
2,960 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantcosta ricasan josezip liningdouble treenachostortuga islandnegative reviewscentral pacificlounge chairsarenal volcanorented a carhamburgertour guideopen airhour drivea lot of fun
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Overall, great trip! The grounds were beautiful and very well kept. The buffet food was so-so...some nights/days were better than others. They served alot of local foods. If you are american and used to the standard grub and salad bars on vacation - you won't get it here. We never went hungry and always had everything we needed but our friends were not impressed. Go into it not expecting much and remember you're in another country and you won't be disappointed. The cut FRUIT was always amazing!! SO FRESH!! The theme dinner nights are a must. The mexican night meal was definitely the BEST!! You have to reserve in advance and are only alotted so many but we got lucky and made it to all 3 of them with the help of meeting other couples who were Hilton Honors Diamond members. They gave us their passes because they weren't going to use them. Those dinners were far better than the buffet dinners.

The pool by building 3 is where you want to be if you want to avoid the families and crowds...there is a swimup bar and the bartenders were great! The main pool over by the restaurant and building 2 is for families. There was a guy over the loud speaker speaking spanish from early in the morning until sunset it seemed. They were always doing water sports and activities.

The hotel definitely catered to local guests which was nice for us because we got to see more of their local culture. Try to see some of the shows when you are there!! They were alot of fun! They speak spanish and english so everyone can understand. A couple of nights, we got pulled up on stage...my husband and I even won a contest one night where we had to compete against 3 other couples! It was a blast! We won a bottle of wine and hotel t-shirts!

The beach was ok...hotel sits in a cove so the water has alot of merky seaweed --- we stayed at the pool everyday...had a beautiful view of the beach! We preferred being able to jump in the pool when we wanted and grab a drink from the swim-up bar.

Room Tip: We went in Febrauary 2012 (I know a bit late doing my review :-) )...but we stayed in building 3 which was the newly renovated building...highly recommend it!!! Our friends stayed in building 2 and weren't as impressed with their rooms. We had a king room with a balcony that overlooked the pool and we caught some amazing sunset photos from our room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Julie:

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments of your stay at our resort.

It fills us with great professional pride to know that we have been successful in making your visit, a vacation a pleasant one. Your comments are a perfect example of our dedication towards delivering the promise of our brand.

Once again, thank you very much for chosen Costa Rica and our Resort as a destination for your vacations and will be looking forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked our trip thru Travelocity and were very disappointed in the rooms. We were to have oceanfront rooms, one was a garden view and the other an alley view. Unable to see even a speck of blue from the ocean. These rooms were in desperate need of repairs,very musty smelling and toilet issues. I saw water running out into the hall from a room. Beautifull grounds, lots of pools, and Great (buffet) food every night,and friendly staff. Beware of the very hot black sand beach during the day w/o shoes (blistered feet). The on staff paramedics are extremely helpful. Morning or late afternoon walks are fine on the beach.

Room Tip: Select a room in building 3 (deluxe rooms):farthest from main part of resort:front desk,food,and bar's. Building 1 (standard) rooms are very poor: 3rd floor is best if in this building. Building 2 (jr suites) looked nice: living room w/pull out bed
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pam835
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Pam835,

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I was especially disappointed that you found our rooms to be in desperate need of repairs and that there was a musty smell in your bathroom. I can assure you that I will personally speak to our housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding your comments to resolve these issues. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area.

Sicerely,

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was our first trip to Costa Rica & I'd love to try the eco tours but travelling with kids (7 & 9 years old) we opted for this family friendly, all inclusive resort.

We really enjoyed our stay! The pools were amazing & a highlight for the kids, we had a walkout right to the pool, the kids were in heaven. We spent a lot of time on the beach too which was usually empty, so although the hotel only had a few boogie boards we never had issues getting them. The volcanic sand did dye a couple of my swimsuits blackish so watch out for that.. The kids actually liked the kids club there, which is rare for them...especially the blow up waterslide. My only scare was when they filled the pool with bubbles, like a huge bubble bath my son came up from under water and sucked in a mouthful of it...keep really close to your kids for that..they were hard to track! But totally loved it of course...

Loved ziplining, crocodile tours and visiting the monkey's, we went to see the monkey's twice it's right near the hotel. There's not a lot around the hotel otherwise. We were happy with the food & variety.

Overall we had an amazing trip & would totally recommend this place!

Room Tip: We loved having a walkout to the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jen M

Dear Jen M:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about how your experience was in our Resort.

We are glad to know that your stay was enjoyable, and that you had the chance to visit many places around us, Costa Rica is perfect for one-day-tours and our location makes it possible.

We really appreciate your review and we hope see you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

This was my first trip to Costa Rica, and also my first experience with an 'all-inclusive' resort. My traveling companion is a Hilton Honor member and directly upon arrival we got first class treatment from the wonderful Concierges! Although we arrived quite early for check in, they were able to accommodate us and our room was ready, awesome! The room was in the newer builidng-3, on the top floor, it was very nice and the balcony had a wonderful view of the ocean. The air conditioning was fantastic, the beds were super comfortable, and the room was kept very clean our entire trip. We dined at both Cana Brava (seafood ) and Macondo (upscale Latin fare) We enjoyed Macondo very much, Cana Brava was just 'okay'. *i did hear they will be changing the menu, so hopefully for the better* The buffets were pretty good, we only had dinner there once, and ate lunch while we were out and about. The weekend breakfast buffet is delicious! empanada stand, fresh blended juices, omelet bar, etc. I noticed most people staying there were Costa Ricans on vacation, most of the staff addressed me in spanish( i am assuming they thought i was also Costa Rican) but most also spoke enough english to properly communicate with this gringo! Pools were nice Security was very good, I always felt safe. I thought the beach was beautiful, and appreciated the dark sand and pebbles. The resort grounds were impeccable, very well kept, a pleasure to gaze upon. Alcoholic beverages were good, not the strongest but they got the buzz done. The proximity of the location is great, we had a rental car and spent most days out doing adventurous stuff, at most we only had to travel an hour and a half away. This place is great for families with children, they have a daycare center and lots of activities for the kids. I cannot praise enough at the wonderful customer service that was shown to us while staying here. would i return? of course!
*they had a pretty impressive fireworks show on a Saturday night, head to the beach!

Room Tip: if there is availability, book a room in the newest building, 'building 3', very nice rooms with awesome balconies and wonderful air conditioning
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank ALISSA R

Dear Alissa:

We would like to thank you for sharing such a positive review about our resort, we are so happy that we could met your expectations.

Our country is characterized by its culture and our resort by its service of care, I am very proud of my team, we look for different ways to create extraordinary experiences and positive memories.

If you would like to discover Costa Rica, I invite you to visit our resort, which is close to all the main tourism sites of our country.

We appreciate your Hilton loyalty.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stay at Hilton hotels weekly but was not satisfied with this experience. The room was okay (we love Hilton pillows) the grounds were good, the food was so so but the service was poor. It might be a good location for families but not for couples seeking to avoid children for a week. Although there was a wide selection of food, it was not very appetizing. The service was poor I. That no one answered the phone. The cleaning crew was good. The pools were nice but the beach was not compared to our beaches in CR.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Marjolaine,

Thank you so much for your review. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret if our staff was slow to respond to you requests. I can assure that our main priority is to make sure our guests are all well attended to and I sincerely apologize if we came short of delivering this for you. I am very sorry that none of our staff members answered your call and our food selection was not up to your expectations. Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely apologize is this caused you any inconveniences or disappointment.

Again, I please accept my apologies and I make myself available should you have any further questions.