Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
Hotel Tioga(Punta Arenas)
Average 3/5
Alamar Aparthotel(Punta Arenas)
  • Pool
Hotel Las Brisas(Punta Arenas)
View Hotel
Hotel La Punta(Punta Arenas)
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
2,924 results
All reviewsseafood restaurantcosta ricasan josezip liningdouble treenachostortuga islandnegative reviewscentral pacificlounge chairsarenal volcanorented a carhamburgertour guideopen airhour drivea lot of fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2012

It is not worth it to spend a long time describing why this was a huge disappointment, especially by a "Hilton run" hotel. I am a frequent traveller and hotel user, and this hotel is one of the worse I have seen for a while.

Just read all of the reviews written by others, with one or two dots - they all turned out to be very true !!

Unfortunately, we made this reservation in a rush, and did not take the time to check the reviews by others.

Will never ever go back to this resort.

Room Tip: The Junior exec. suites are in better shape than even the rooms in block 3. They may be noisy due to their proximity to the kids and main pools. In general, do not expect much out of the rooms.
1  Thank Mourad E
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Mourad E,

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us.

I apologize that we did not meet expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our resort. I can assure you that our main priority is for our guest to have a clean and comfortable stay with us and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just got back to Houston from spending a fantastic week at this resort with our two adult kids. We all had a fantastic time. The facilty was busy with activities. The food was great and certainly plentiful and fresh. It was different every night, and our room in Phase 3 was perfect. The staff was so helpful and friendly. We even received lunches to go before all the excursions we took. A special thank you to Gabriella and Kary for being so welcoming and helpful..We will definitely be back. We wish we were still there. Great memories were made there.

Room Tip: We stayed in the newest part. We also travel a lot and all inclusive was a great way to go with family.
1  Thank liveinlite2

Dear liveinlite2:

Greetings on behalf from Doubletree Resort by Hilton Central Pacific - Costa Rica.

It is a pleasure for us to serve you and we really appreciate your time taken written about your fantastic experience at the Resort.

Thank you very much for your review and very positive feedback. I have shared your comments with the Management Team. We are all delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us, and our team made you feel appreciated.

We really value your loyalty, we will waiting to give you welcome back to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Central Pacific Costa Rica in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this resort for 3 nights at the beginning of our trip to Costa Rica. I had read a lot of reviews and sort of knew what we would be in for, so I wasn't shocked by much. We booked a room in building 3 based on reviewers comments, and it was indeed much quieter over there. We arrived on Saturday and were greeted by a packed resort and pools with tons of kids and a DJ with SUPER loud music. It definitely took me aback a bit but we just went up to our room to nap before dinner. We had one night at the a la cart restaurants so we tried Mecando (sp?) and it was really good. Breakfast at the main dinner hall was great each day but the other meals left some to be desired. The front desk was super chaotic and check out and check in took some time and as others mentioned, there were tons of teenagers and kids standing around in the lobby. All in all, it was good for what we wanted it for, which was a springboard for daily excursions and close proximity to the airport and the ferry for our second leg of the journey to the Nicoya Peninsula. Might not return in the future.

Room Tip: Building 3! Newer, cleaner, and quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laura B

Dear Laura,

We appreciate your time to leave a review about your recent stay at our Doubletree Resort by Hilton Central Pacific.

We are happy to know that you had a good stay even just for a few days, as well as you recommend our specialty restaurants, facilities and location. We shared your comments with the Reception Manager of the hotel to take corrective actions and improve better methods for the check in or check out.

In addition we appreciated your suggestions about the loud music, to regulate the volume levels according the time or activity to prevent disturbance to our guest.

Thank you for making the Hilton family of hotels your choice and let us be part of your vacations.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I could tell you about the air conditioning with the helicopter-like sound, or that day we spent without running water, or that all-inclusive lunch that did not include protein. But our trip really got on the wrong track when someone stole one of our towels from a poolside chair. It´s not just that the hotel was not helpful at all with this situation: they charged us for the stolen towel.
If you do come here, keep your valuables somewhere safe.

7  Thank José Alexander R

Dear Jose Alexander:

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring to our attention the situations you confronted while staying in our hotel.

I would like to express that we take all comments from our guests seriously and they were shared with all the Management team, to take corrective actions and prevent futures eventually with our guest.

In regards your concern, I would like to inform you that we have a wide variety of food, as well as different theme each night, we would have loved that you contacted us during your stay and offered you a special dish prepared by our Chef that met all your expectation. I am completely sure that if you would have informed us about these inconveniences during your stay we would have reacted immediately to correct them and made your stay more pleasant experience, for us it will be a great satisfaction of having met every detail of your vacations.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I notice a number of people are in agreement that this resort is a disappointment especially in November 2012. I would like to hope that this is a temporary thing but I doubt it.
I booked a room with 2 beds for myself and a friend and I should have been warned when I contacted the hotel about transport from San Jose and was told that it was $125 per person each way! I rented a car and was greeted by a friendly Security guard and proceeded to check-in. The place was high schooler's dream chock a block with teens all trying to register. It took us a while to be helped then we were informed that our room was a King Size with only one bed when we needed 2 beds. Due to the Hotel being busy there were none available so we agreed to a roll away bed and went to have a walk around the property and try the snack bar. We returned to our room to find no Roll Away Bed. When we contacted Guest Services we were given excuses nobody asked us for a bed etc!! The next day we were touring Nicoya so we asked for our bags to be moved to our new room by our expected 5pm return.
We returned after 6pm and asked if our room was ready and when we arrived at the room there was no luggage. The last night we were unable to sleep due to a really loud beach party which we were told was unsanctioned by the hotel when we called the front desk. We were assured that it would be stopped and 30 minutes later at 11.30 I went over to the DJ and asked if the hotel knew about the party and I was informed that it was and nobody told them about guest complaints. I proceeded to the front desk to ask why there were conflicting stories only to be met by a defensive surly Night manager who insisted that he asked for the party to be stopped.
As we were checking out Gabriela introduced herself to me a a manager who was personally responsible for seeing that i enjoyed my stay and expressed concern about my complaints and went on to excuse every one of them and it was almost as if it was my fault!!!
I asked to see the GM and was told he was not in that day but he would be sure to get back to me.
I heard nothing until tonight after I completed a Hilton survey and received the following

" We deeply regret that the overall service did not meet expectations. That is why we are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction of your stay in our Resort.

Actually, our goal was to give a personalized service since check in, for this reason we invited you to join us at guest service office for a more comfortable welcome, and we tried to assign the room according your likes as soon possible, but because the hotel availability it was possible for the next day.

We apologize for the any inconvenience the two beds issue had caused to you as well as the beach party, because that was a private event arranged through a signed contract several months ago, ending at midnight.

The hotel is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable, we appreciated your loyalty to Hilton Hotels and let us been part of your holidays."

Such insincere emails are neither warranted nor appreciated and I will never go back nor would I recommend anyone to go there until you see nothing but 5 star Tripadvisor reviews!!!
The rest of the staff are friendly and made up for the pathetic efforts of the management. I agree that the Seafood restaurant leaves a lot to be desired and again the extremely unwelcoming Maitre D' Jose who was on duty the night we visited was out performed by his staff especially Jeimy!
The Local restaurant Macondo was a much more enjoyable experience!!

Room Tip: The rooms in Building 3 are advertised as being recently renovated and while this building is newer some of the bathrooms are poorly constructed and maintained. A drawback with this building is that there are pools on either side so if you want quiet Building 1 at the other side may be a better bet but the rooms are dated according to other reviewers!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank fred b

Dear Fred,

I sincerely apologize for the poor service and experience you had with us on your recent visit. I assure you it is not common to find any staff on property who are rude or unwilling to help and we will take your comments into consideration as we continually work to improve our guests’ satisfaction. In an effort to correct this situation and regain your trust in our brand,

We are very sorry to have disappointed you and hope we have another chance to show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve should you return to the area in the future.

Ricardo Rodriguez Gil