“Simply the best in Mandrem”
Review of Olive House - CLOSED

Olive House
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Yesterday I returned from my third trip to India. Every time my friends and I chose Mandrem as a place to stay. When we ask ourselves "why?" the answer is unanimous: Olive House. Three years ago I was so shocked by the level of service and the quality of food that I keep returning to India on and on.

The most outstanding about Olive House is the staff: Romy the host, and Deepak the chef. These guys have kept the business on a high level for many years. There is no problem they can't solve! You need a taxi to Mapusa in the afternoon and jumbo prawns for dinner later - they'll arrange everything at very reasonable prices and in no time.

As for the menu there is a great variety of oriental food but those who find Indian specialties a bit too extreme will be pleased by the vast choice of European dishes. There is an anonymous statistics provided by the clinic across the street: there was never a case when Olive House customer asked for medical help because of the food.

The music is always Indian but pretty easy-listening. The premises are constantly kept clean and shiny. An ocean and a great "park view" are seen from the restaurant. There are two rooms for rent on the ground floor.

Thank you very much for the wonderful stay in India, Olive House!

Gregory and Julia, Russia.

1  Thank GregoryKh

Reviewed November 4, 2012

When we were in Goa, we have chooseen, most of the time, to eat in the restaurant of Olive House in Mandrem. The boys who managed this restaurant, Romy and Deepak, can give you everything you need, when you want to have a relaxed meal/dinner: the food, prepared by Deepak, was excellent and Romy, was a wonderfull host. They do their work with love, care and with personal attention.That makes the Olive House special. So we can recommend the Olive House in Mandrem . It's really a visit worth to experience the hospitallity and the excellent taste of the food.
They also have two simple rooms to rent with a beautifull view and a veranda.
Ilonka and Jan, Leiden, Holland

1  Thank Ilonka V
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Romy and Deepak will make sure your time at Olive House is fantastic, you'll be back time and time again. Their wonderful breakfasts and great company overlooking the beach at Mandrem means you can lose hours.

Highly recommended, a must!

1  Thank Tom A
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We visited The Olive House back in Feb 2010, on a month long visit to Goa. It is a beautiful balcony restaurant in the tiny village of Junaswada, and conveniently next door to our place of residence. Now I eat a LOT of curries, I like to think of myself as a bit of a connoisseur. I cam safely say that Deepak's curries here are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Like nothing I have ever tasted before or since, they have a truly authentic taste with a splash of the modern, and importantly uses all local, authentic supplies. Mix this with the OUTSTANDINGLY FRIENDLY and CHARMING service from Romy, and you have the recipe as to why we returned to their dwelling so many times, and why they have so much repeat custom. Every curry now gets compared to The Olive House! Highly recommended are the Kadai Murg and the Jalfrezi. I would return tomorrow. GO!

3  Thank PeacheySnr
Reviewed September 11, 2012

we stayed in mandrem beach, goa in febuary 2012 and ate almost every meal at the olive house, not because there are not lots of other choices but because it was simple the best place to eat. the people working at the olive house are not only very accommodating and polite, but have a real interest in providing indian cuisine at a higher level. it´s a treat for your tastebuds to eat there and they are very cautious about washing all fruits and veggies in filtered water, so it is really safe, no need to worry about upset tummies. my ten year old son loved the food too and always wanted to eat there. the indian breakfast is really good too. we are looking forward to coming back.

1  Thank Marion F