Fresh back from a yoga retreat hosted by Leela Cottages I'd like to give you some feedback about the place
- The yoga studio is well equipped and spacious
- Organisation at Leela Cottages was chaotic, not helped by the owner going on holiday on the Tuesday after we arrived. There was another yoga group there at the same time as us and often they would run over their allotted time or come in while we were still practising. Maybe yoga shala etiquette hasn’t reached Russia yet! The guy on the desk didn’t seem to have too much authority or motivation to resolve issues of this kind.
- Noise is a big issue at this location. There is a newish bar close by which played loud music, sometimes until 2am in the morning. There is also a club set into the hill which on one evening played Trance anthems at full blast from 9pm until 9am. Even the other yoga group caused a noise nuisance by hosting a Hari Krishna style band in the yoga shala one evening until 11:30pm. None of this is helpful when you are getting up at 06:30.
- Food is excellent but service is slow and the main communal areas could do with some freshening up.
The place has the potential to be a little slice of heaven (location, weather, food etc.) but Leela Cottage management need to get their act together. However, bar / club noise is probably out of their hands and will ultimately destroy this as a yoga venue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in a quiet beach-front property in Ashvem, amidst verdant coconut groves, Leela Cottages offers 10 individually designed wooden chalet style cottages.The cottages are crafted by hand and furnished with antiques and regional artifacts, each with a large bay window that offers stunning views of the palm grove and ocean beyond. With chairs and hammocks dotting this charming property, Leela Cottages offers a simple yet pleasant place to stay on Ashvem Beach.Leela Cottages sits on a lush ocean front property dotted with coconut trees and charming chalet style huts with private access to the beach. Cozy nooks have been created all through charming beach-front garden with hammocks and lawn chairs to lounge in.Each eco friendly wooden cottage is individually designed,a few with private ocean-view terraces and others with four-poster beds, antiques,and artifacts. Every hut, however, offers views of the coconut grove it sits on as well as the ocean beyond through large bay-windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Leela Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leela Cottages Mandrem, Goa