I've had an awesome week in this Residence!
Having booked the vacation as a gift, I cannot judge its quality/price ratio, but it has everything you would expect from a quality residence including some small shops inside the building: as the town is pretty much small and a little far from nearby large supermarkets (the closest should be in Argentière), it was a quite helpful thing.
The staff is very friendly, helpful and two-language speaking: on the first day they greeted us with a complete tour of the building and a welcome drink.
Underground parking spaces are a little too small, but the car is rarely needed as the residence is 200m from the railway station (free of charge with the guest card, provided at the reception).
Our room was clean, with a balcony, full of commodities (especially in the kitchen), and was VERY large (I booked a 3 people apartment but they gave me a 4-people apartment on two floors, free of charge!): it also had free fast WiFi despite being at floor +3 (far from the reception). Cabled Internet was also an option on request, but we haven't tried that. There's a soothing background music in EVERY hallway of the building, even in the ski lockers room!
Two towels per person are provided (one small and one large): there's also a washing/drying service in the reception and a drying rack inside the apartment.
Room noise was not a problem, even if the residence was full of families with small children.
Beds are better than expected (by reading the reviews), but they were so warm I frequently had to sleep with the window open and the heating off, in April!
The 32 free movies selection on the satellite TV was actually quite scarce, still it kept us entertained for several nights. Several languages were available but no subtitles, though.
I haven't tried the spa and the sauna, but the fitness room was a nice touch (among other tools, it has a treadmill, a rower, a stepper, mattresses, benches and even a (short) climbing wall), despite being too hot. Swimming pool is nicely heated but frequently gets busy later in the afternoon. The patinoire is nice for sunny spring days: giant chess/checkers are available, deckchairs, tables and also a ping-pong table.
No restaurant inside, only a cafe, but we were autonomous. On the last day, we had dinner at the "L'Arrêt Bougnête", INSIDE the nearby railway station: very recommended!
For skiers, the Vallorcine gondola is in very close proximity and leads you to an easy area, not very crowded and well suited for beginners or families (blue and red pistes). Intermediate and expert skiers probably would like to ski elsewhere, though, unless if they like off-piste runs.
It's hard to find anything which can be improved! Definitely recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5* Appart'Hotel Located in the valley of Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, the Residence Vallorcine Mont-Blanc features 53 cosy one to three bedrooms apartments, a wellness centre including a swimming pool, a sauna, a fitness room and a SPA by Cinq Mondes. Free WiFi is available throughout the property as well as free private indoor parking. Every apartment includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a nespresso coffee machine and a fully equipped kitchen. The residence has ski-to-door access and is a 1-minute walk from Vallorcine gondola. Geneva Airport is 105 km away. The Residence has the Green Key Eco Label and is open all year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Residence & Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence And Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc
- Residence & Spa Vallorcine Mont Blanc Hotel Vallorcine