We stayed for a week in a junior suite. Very spacious and all the mod cons of a five star. We discovered that the local restaurants are pretty good and close by, so didn't eat in much. Breakfast was a pretty standard 5* buffet experience catering for the largely German tourists. Food not as tasty as you would expect from a mediterranean surrounding, eg tomatoes were not like market place tomatoes but rather cold and solid. There are three pools, both family ones very popular. If you arrive after lunch you have to search a bit to find a deckchair. There is an adult only pool - much more suited to calm reading of a good book. Each pool has refreshment areas but these are a bit cold and programmatic, small menus which the staff fulfilled to the letter and not one step beyond. We had one member of staff who spoke only spanish. Our vegetarian son was not catered for, with staff unable to just be a bit creative (replace the ham with cheese for instance). We were advised by the very friendly customer relations lady, Eva, that the buffet staff could cater for food specialities, but we didn't try after the first evening. There are two small beaches, quiet and adequate. The public has access to these. The spa is good. There are a couple of sailing boats and cayaks free to use at the port end of the resort. To get there it took us around 45 minutes from Palma airport in a hire car. We could park onsite or for free just outside the gate when there were no spaces. It is a big resort and does well, but some small issues about buffet quality and busy pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blau Porto Petro is a unique and exclusive hotel experience in Majorca. Our new 5 Star Majorca resort is close to the picturesque port of Porto Petro and the Mondrago Nature Reserve.The 319 comfortable bedrooms, suites and villas are spread out along 900m of coastline. Porto Petro is surrounded by an indigenous pine forest and lapped by the crystalline waters of two romantic coves.Porto Petro is a place where leisure, relaxation, class and beauty meet in a place of great natural beauty. Our luxury Majorca resort offers a large selection of sporting, gastronomic, health, beauty and business activities. We ensure that our guests experience the highest levels of service and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blau Privilege PortoPetro Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Porto Petro Beach Hotel Porto Petro
- Blau Porto Petro Beach Resort And Spa
- Porto Petro