We stayed at hostal varadero for one week in August. We had a very good time. The room was very clean and big enough for us (3 people) with a balcony facing the harbour, and a bathroom with a small shower and a very small sink. The room had no nightstands, but there was a "closet" big enough to put all the stuff we needed. Our bed was comfortable(not easy to find a comfortable bed in a hotel with less then 3 stars) and was big that could fit at least 3 people, but there was also an extra bed for the child. Air conditioning was very quiet and the satellite tv worked fine. There also was a safe deposit box in the room.
The check in was fine, the lady showed us everything (pool-restaurant) and then helped us carrying the luggage to our room because the room was on another building, (one minute walking distance from the main building), near the pool. She was very nice.
The first evening we had a problem: the shower drain was clogged, but the reception sent immediately a technician and the problem was solved in less then 10 minutes!
The pool area is very nice and clean. They had a BBQ on Saturday night in the pool area and the food was very good, and not expensive.
Breakfast in the morning was very good, many things to eat and drink.
All of the staff was very hospitable, friendly, nice and helpful in every circumstance.
Porto Petro is a small village, but there were many good restaurant, and I think restaurant Varadero was one of them ( I had the best paella there). There is a small quiet beach at only 10min walking distance from the hotel where the water is crystal clear and it's not as crouded as Mondrago or Cala d'Or. We had a very good time there!
I definitely would go back to hostel varadero because it has everything I need for a vacation, and I racommand this hostel to see that area of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 3 * Hotel is located in the heart of the fishing village of Porto Petro, living mirror of the real Mallorca, with a typical Mediterranean style construction with a mix of Ibiza style and ancient Greek Islands . Divided into two buildings, the main building has 27 rooms where the reception and the Skybar is located. What we call Lounge, is the annex building with 16 rooms and a nudist terrace on the roof. Both buildings offer superior rooms, with balconies and a side sea view and standard rooms without balcony. Both type are elegant and fresh with a large and comfortable beds and open cupboards. The bathrooms are equipped with natural stone shower, WC, washbasin, hairdryer and magnifying mirror. All rooms have Led TV with satellite, Air conditioning and heating, free WI-FI throughout the hotel and Safety Box (with charge). The hotel has a large Swimming pool surrounded by a beautiful garden in a completely chill-out place, with a fantastic bar where you can enjoy a cocktail or smoothie. Not forgetting the Tennis Court that you can use any time and for free. For your most intimate moments we offer a nudist terrace on the roof of the Lounge. Our Sky Bar is located on the roof terrace in the main building with wonderful views of the sea and to port of Porto Petro. Perfect for weddings, events or meetings, or just for a relaxing or romantic time enjoying the fantastic sunset. And if you are an early riser you can enjoy one of the most beautiful sunrises you’ve ever seen. We think of all details, we know that sometimes it can’t be only relax, you also have to work, why not combine it? We have a totally free conference room, with a max capacity. 40 persons, for any meeting, The hotel offers some wonderful views. We’re located a few meters from the port and all its restaurants; the nearest beach is just 700 meters (5 minutes’ walk). You’ll find all you need nearby the hotel, taxi and bus stop, supermarket, pharmacy, hairdresser and beauty salon. The reception is open from 8.00 till 0.00 o´clock. If you arrive late, please contact the hotel one day before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Varadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Varadero Hotel Porto Petro
- Nereida Hostal Porto Petro