“Horrible... Horrible.. Horrible”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Solapur
Hotel Srikamal International
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Solapur
Reviewed February 26, 2012

There is nothing international in it. The owner is a very rude person. he is list bother about his customers. he charged us 1248 Rs for a AC room even though non AC rooms are availble there. since i was travalling with my kid i didn't have any option to stay there. Rooms ok if you are getting it for 400-500 Rs. they gave us used blankets and when we asked for bed sheets to cover it they charged us for it.

I would never recommend this to anybody.

Room Tip: All rooms are same
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank leeshan10

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I happen to visit Shirdi during Chirstmas vacation 2011 and planned to visit Pandarpur. I was traveling with family and booked 2 rooms for a day and had no expectations as this was more of a dashing in, refresh and then come back, catch up some sleep for few hours and take a train at the wee hours (3.50 am) next day.

My only criteria was to get a hotel nearby railway station considering the 3.50am train and Srikamal was 5 to 10 minute walk from Solapur Junction. Checked-in at around 7.30 am; no power for 2 hours due to load shedding, no hot water as solar won't work (while booking I was told 6am to 9am hot water will be available in the tap). Did not know there is no lift and this was noticeable when you get a room in 2nd and 3rd floor. 3rd floor room's phone won't work and had difficulty communicating between the rooms because of this. Room was not very clean - for budget hotel, I can't blame this.

Staff was friendly but I had a bad experience during the earlier check-out due to the early morning exit. I forgot to carry a copy of my online transaction printout and this was an account to account transaction and thought that hotel will have some record of this transaction and it was shocking to know they had no clue on the amount I have transacted. It took almost 1.5 hrs for them to get the amount details. Hotel haven't issued any receipt and I am under the opinion, they should have issued the receipt for the booking done by calling the hotel reception, one of the hotel staff (not sure who he is - elderly person); blaming me for not carrying the copy and did not agree to my point that they did not have any record either apart from my name and contact number.

Bottomline:
Pros: Friendly staff (otherwise) - was hospitable, near to the Solapur railway Jn, 24 hour check out, Budget hotel.
Cons: Cleanliness

Nothing international about it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sathyk
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Hello everyone!

I had been to this place during the first week of December. I had to attend the 2 day marriage function of a very close relative. Stayed for 3 days. Very clean and decent are the 2 words i can promptly say. They have a restaurant, which was new they said. Awesome food and ambience. Besides, its located very close to the raiway station. The rickshawalas can mislead you, beware!

I read the other reviews too. I couldnt figure out what was wrong mostly. All i can say is that, you cant expect a 5 star experience from a hotel that is giving you service with 1000 bucks.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank yogikulkarni
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Our family of three stayed in this hotel for one day and still had to face a lot of humiliation. we were told that they have made a favor on us by allotting a room even when we had booked it one month in advance.
Cons-
The staff is extremely impolite, no hot water running, no generator backup, toilets are extremely dirty, no use of paying for an AC room as there was a power cut, charges are equivalent to any good hotel so no use of paying it for this hotel.
Lastly, when confronted this to the owner, he took side of his scurrilous, arrogant and insolent staff and literally abused us.
even our car driver told us that we should have booked another hotel instead of this.
Pros-
Hard to find any, Only the food was good but bit expensive and u can find it in any good restaurant near by.
All in all not worth paying a single rupee for this hotel.

Room Tip: Please find other hotel. you might want to spend few more bucks and stay in a good hotel than this...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ajay J
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Pros - Hard to find any
Cons – No running Hot water in the bathroom, no A/C control (though u pay for an A/C room), no generator Backup, a psycho owner, a psycho receptionist a hotel full of psycho’s.

We (A family of 10 people having an 85 year old grandma and a 10 year old kid)arrived by a train at 7 am on the first day and had a train back home at 11 pm on the second day. Given the family size we had booked 3 rooms in the hotel. As our entire schedule was already prepared we asked the hotel receptionist a favor of vacating the room 15 mins after the due-time of checkout but living to the expectations, the receptionist barked on us that he had already favored us by giving us 3 room’s in the peak season (We only realized afterwards that the entire hotel was booked for a wedding the next day onwards) and his humanity have been dried after that. So we vacated the room 15 mins in advance to the Check-out time. We kept our luggage in the waiting area of the hotel (as already decided before booking the rooms) and went for our remaining destinations for the day. On returning the hotel owner in front of everyone shouted that he wants our family to vacate the premises immediately, as the hotel was full of wedding guests. Had the owner already specified his inability to help after check-out, we would have booked another hotel. Being faced a harrowing stay at the hotel, would definitely give it a thumbs-down.

Room Tip: Book at your own Risk
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank charudatta82
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We were in Solapur for the Tennis Tournaments, it was from Coimbatore we had booked the hotel srikamal considering it to be near from the Park stadium at a walkable distance as I was told by teh contrlller of the Sprots association.

At first I was a bit worried as how I could keep staying in Solapur for 4 days in a city which we had heard only for bedsheets- we had to be here as it was a semifinal selection match for my daughter Shruthi, My husband Sekar could not come to tight schedule & I took the baton with Sruthi both to Solapur.

At first we just checked into the hotel we found the whole place to had been so clean with good big rooms- we freshened up &hurriedly proceeded to the Stadium with a quick breakfast with the Maharashtrian Poha (aval as in Tamil) tasted great & rushed to the stadium which was really at a walkable distance, the morning session was over & we had to return back to the hotel as it was 12.00 noon & we were advised that the restaurant was just open- we ordered a few North India dishes & surprisingly withing minutes the food was served while Sruthi & me plunged on the food & it was WOW- do try their veg GARDEN I loved it.

Since we both were ladies we never felt any problem at the hotel as the staff was very polite & loyal- the housekeeping was done strictly every day with the rooms maintained well.

It was an addict for us to order some different food of theirs every day & who cares for the weight, in 2 days the whole staff was friendly, there are lovely pets here this Honey & Sugar who used to come to the hotel with their owners & they became friends with us too.

the late day we had to proceed to Solapur to Coimbatore & since my daughter won the match our schedule was not decided to return back & all the travel arrangement with flight ticket from Pune to Coimbatore was arranged by the hotel with a very good driver to had dropped us to Pune airport.

Those 4 days at Srikamal were really more than my home.

Room Tip: very nice & decent Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2011

its a lovely place & perhaps great to spend a night or two, a newly opened MESMERISINGrestaurant there serves delicious food, nice rooms were offered renowated with CLEANLY FRESHY LOOKS & have a good ambience with nice big windows & ventilation, srikamal is quite good especially if you are going to visit the nearby temples they have a team of good car drivers who too was very friendly & took us to solapur to buy some bedsheets & they stay was absolutely confortable. I had a surprise by spotting our violin maestro Mr MS GOPALAKRISHAN seeing him was an infinite feast for eyes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family