“Very Interesting Place to Visit”

Belleek Pottery & Visitor Centre
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Belleek
More attraction details
Owner description: Winner of the 2014 Northern Ireland Tourist Board "Best Visitor Experience 2014" Belleek Pottery & Visitor Centre is home to one of the oldest working Potteries in the world beginning it's existence in 1857. Guided tours of the complete production facility are offered giving guests a real opportunity to see how the product has been made throughout the ages, from start to finish. Many of the unique tools and techniques are still used today being handed down from generation to generation. Guests are afforded the opportunity to also meet with the craftspeople along the way and even get the chance to try casting a new piece, dipping in transparent glaze, painting some of the beautiful hues of pastel colours or even breaking products in our QA rejects department! After the Pottery tour our guests are invited to relax in our Belleek tearoom and have a cup of coffee or lunch whilst looking out on the River Erne.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you have never seen how pottery is made, you will enjoy visiting Belleek Pottery Ltd. they have a tour giving history and methods. The gift shop has many nice items which can be shipped home, so you do not have to carry them around. Watching the professionals ply their trade is fascinating. Visit and you won't regret it.

AP_Goan, Director at Belleek Pottery & Visitor Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Mgnart,
Thank you for visiting in March. I am glad to see that you enjoyed the visit and found the guided Pottery tour to be "fascinating". And indeed it is. This is the most special part of any visit and we are one of only a few Companies these days that offer a tour of the complete manufacturing facility lasting approx. 20 minutes; very worthwhile!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

When I booked a bus tour, one of the things I was really looking forward to was the tour of the Belleek factory. I was therefore very disappointed when we arrived on a Saturday to find there aren't tours on Saturdays. However, I blame the tour company for this, rather than the factory. I would have taken a tour starting on a different day had I known. That said, I enjoyed my time there. I didn't view the video with the rest of the tour group, and instead had a wonderful time in the almost empty showroom, making all my selections. I had just enough time to have tea and a scone before we left. It was one of the two best scones I had on the trip; a delicious scone served with jam and cream and a lovely pot of tea. Everyone in the showroom was very helpful and friendly, and my purchases arrived within the timeframe I was given. Everyone was thrilled with their Christmas presents this year! I will definitely be returning (on a weekday!) on my next trip.

Dear RMH827,
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to us. I note that you did not get the tour on this occasion. At this time Saturday tours are not available in October but they do run in the months June through September each year. This is something we review and we will look at the possibility of extending this important feature through to the end of October in the future.
I also note that you enjoyed the tea and scones; so do we :-) and the added bonus is that it is all served on the finest Belleek tableware and if you pick a good spot in the restaurant you can look out over the river Erne!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was interesting staff were lovely and I even got to smash pottery well worth a visit. The gift shop had everything you could want from a pottery factory and the views were amazing :)

1  Thank Mandy_t50

Dear Mandy_t50,
Thank you for visiting us recently and I see you availed of the opportunity to break some of our rejects in the QA department as you made your way around the factory on tour - good one!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Very interesting insight into the History, design and manufacturing of World renowned Pottery from very knowledgeable Guides. The Showroom and shop is very well laid out with all merchandice clearly priced and at time special offers. The staff are pleasant and eager to help without being pushy. Well worth a visit

Dear staffordj2,
Thank you for making a visit to us on your recent travels from Lisburn. We know that you have a wide choice on your doorstep of other places to visit and we appreciate you choosing Belleek.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

When you tour factories the majority of the tour ends up with shopping in their gift shop but this visit was a pleasant. The tour of the facility was very informative and the guide was excellent. You were able to follow the process from beginning to end and get close to the workers. What talented people work for Belleek!!!! There was a gift shop but there was so much more. A small museum was included in the tour and special displays of individual works were also available for viewing.

1  Thank Beck48

Dear Beck48,
Thank you for making a stop in Belleek in October 2012. I note that you commented ..." follow the process from beginning to end and get close to the workers".... This is exactly what we do and we feel it is very important to share with our guests the ways in which we craft and decorate our products.