All reviews road trip t bone steak free wifi first stop self drive bar and restaurant wanda tents game birds km hosts bush beers grass establishment ablutions
Selected filters
Reviewed January 13, 2018

We had booked an overnight stop in the camp site while our friends were staying in the Chalets. However after driving to the camp site we decided to upgrade to a chalet as the camp site looked very uninteresting while the chalet was right near the pool. The chalet was great and we all loved swimming in the pool.We ate pizzas at the outside restaurant and you could be forgiven for thinking that you were in Mauritius... with your feet in the sand, humidity and big palm trees and a cold cocktail....... and a lovely big pool for kids to swim in...we really enjoyed our stay and would come back to the chalets again...

Room tip: chalets better option for one night
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
witnessafrica, General Manager at Tautona Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Thank you for your great feedback, we are happy you enjoyed your stay at Tautona Lodge. We will work on the Campsite to make it more interesting ;) Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

This was our first stop over on a road trip and would loved to have stayed on more than the 2 nights we had booked. The rooms were very spacious, the grounds around the pool were beautifully kept. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

Room tip: This is a lodge and the rooms are spread out over the grounds surrounding the pool.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2017

We were 2 couples that stayed over at Tautona Lodge on 27 May 2017. We watch Super Rugby at the bar and enjoy a few cold ons. After the game we went to have dinner in the Restaurant and really the food etc. was excellent and steaks done to perfection (i enjoy mine very rare...) The staff was very Friendly and helpful.

The next morning early we left after a restfull evening. Later during the day I start looking for my sunglasses and my cap( from Namashusa lodge) We did not find it in the vehicle and i realised i must have left it at the bar or in our room.On Tuesday 29May i phoned the lodge resception and ebquire about the sunglasses and hat. They phoned me back later the day and informed me they have found it and will keep it for me.
Few weeks after that I e-mailed them and ask if they can please arrange to have items send to me
Wanda Wolmarans, ensured me she will see what can be done and with all her duties and responsibilties she still managed to send the glasses and hat safely to my address in Swakopmund Namibia.
This is truly remarkable customer service and honesty by the staff and employees working at Tautona Lodge as I never believed that this can still happen today to get lost items back. All my friends and colleagues said 'kiss it good-bye'
I will definitely stay over at Tautona Lodge whenever i pass near them.
Again a real big thanks and gratitude to all the staff and Mrs Wanda Wolmerans from Tautona Lodge may you grow in strenght!
Regards
Curt Rabald

Room tip: Luxury chalets
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
witnessafrica, Owner at Tautona Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Hi Curt. Thank you very much for the awesome review. It made my MONDAY! See again at Tautona Lodge ;)

Reviewed September 23, 2017

I stayed here with some work colleagues for an overnight en route from Windhoek in Namibia to Maun in Botswana. The facilities were basic but fine, and the restaurant was quite ok. The bar closed quite early, at 10:00 pm, I think it was. There was a lion's enclosure nearby as part of the establishment and you could hear the lions roar at night. On the way out the next day we passed by the lion's enclosure and it was a rather sorry sight with two tired-looking lions wandering restlessly back and forth.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
witnessafrica, Manager at Tautona Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Good day . Thank you for your review glad you had a comfortable stay with us. I just had to add that the Lions are not part of our establishment. The Lions can be seen in enclosed areas on property bordering with Tautona Lodge, they are not the property of Tautona Lodge.

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Originally booked a tent here but very old, dirty and of poor standard so upgraded to a chalet which was also old and tired, bathroom door that doesn't shut, electrical wiring like I've never seen anywhere in the world,it was also very obvious that every attempt was made to ensure you couldn't make a snack or a drink in the chalet so that you absolutely have to eat and drink at the restaurant, food was just OK, staff nice, bar staff excellent.
Unfortunately for us the BIG put off was at least four lions in a very heavily fortified pen at the entrance just pacing up and down whilst being stared at by guests, it certainly looked as though this is where the lions permanently live, there may be a sound reason for them being in such tight captivity, I would like to know what the reason is but reception couldn't explain? this is such a small pen for these lions and appears on the face of it very cruel. For most of the civilised world keeping large predators in such small confined areas like this isn't tolerated and is the main reason why I and other animal lovers wouldn't stop here, it is mainly for this reason that I rate this lodge so low.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Sir / Madam. We are very sorry you had such a bad experience at Tautona Lodge. We will try our best to give future visitors a better experience. Regarding the lions; they are not part of our establishment. The Lions can be seen in enclosed areas on a property bordering with Tautona Lodge, they are not the property of Tautona Lodge.