“Perfect for relaxing stay”

Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Vendrell
Cork, Ireland
“Perfect for relaxing stay”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you're looking to have a real calming and relaxing vacation at the beach hotel, away from the noisy and crowded place, but still not too far away from the big city, Le Meridien Ra would be a perfect option. Very nice, spacious, bright and cosy rooms with full kitchen, washing machine, balcony with table and chairs. Calafel, the small town, where the hotel is located is also much cheaper, than Barcelona, you can purchase souvenirs and meals half cheaper. Staff at the hotel is also very helpful and friendly, and a glass of local Cava is exactly what you need after a long trip in a hot and sunny when arriving into this lovely place. I highly recommend this hotel, and I really look forward to staying at this property again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Natalia Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Finnish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed there in September'12.It was 5 days business vacation.
The hotel is very close to the sea.
Hotel's pool is in the roof, has a beatiful scene and not so deep.
It also has a spa.
Hotel clerks are so helpful and friendly.
There are night clubs, pubs and bars on the cost line and they are in the walking distance.
Foods are fresh and tasty.They serve pretty good wines also.
They provide shuttle service to the airport.

I

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank burcin_elverdi
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed at Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel and Spa for 9 days. The hotel has very good location directly on the beach which is only cross the beach promenade. Our deluxe room was large enough and located in the second floor. The hotel is very nice, only 2 floors high and it is former lung sanatorium. On the top of the building is outdoor pool with sun terrace (very well equiped) and indoor pool with warm watter, steam and sauna and also sun terrace. Beach was clean and I don´t remember name of the older man from the beach service but he was very polite. There was also a beach bar with good food offer. The breakfast was very good with wide offer of health and fresh food. We don´t prepaid halfboard but we stayed for dinner couple of times and we were satisfied with quality. If I remember it well the supplement was 50€ per person which was quite high so we combined dinner at hotel restaurant with dinner in restaurants on beach promenade. There are very good italians restaurant on the promenade as well and they offer daily menu for reasonable price.
A solid chapter is hotel SPA which were extreemly good...not only the interior but the service and terapists as well. I experienced three types of therapies and I remember expecialy Vichy shower therapy which was a unique experience for me but sometimes I felt slightly uncomfortable when the salty water come into my eyes during the shower. But overall impression was very good.
Well equiped was the hotel fitness.
And what I highly recommend as a trip is a visit of Augustus Forum Cellar in El Vendrel (not far from the hotel). The manager Mr. Marco is extreemly good guy who understands his job. All the place is like wineyard from Gladiator movie and they produce very tasty winegar. You must visit this place as well as Le Meridien.

Room Tip: From my point of view higher floor is better than the ground one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jana G
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time at this hotel. Service is great, super clean, nice decor, awesome spa and very relaxing stay overall.
Loved the food and drinks. Great service at the spa and restaurants.

The beds were comfortable, great shower and great views.

A great option for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed April 2013
Shanghai, China
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband I spent the first 5 days in Barcelona and then came out to the beach and spa resort to relax a bit before heading home. We came on the first day of the season, when the hotel first opens up to individual reservations. It was a little cold but because the hotel was rather empty, we were upgraded to a beach view room. You can't get any closer to the ocean than that, aside from actually being on the beach.

The hotel certainly was peaceful and spa-like. The pool on the 2nd floor was interesting. It was a saltwater pool with jets at various spots around the pool. I could've spent all day up there, if I could.

Though the building itself had a cold feeling to it, I didn't mind. It wasn't as if I was living out in the hallway. The room was great! We had breakfast out on the balcony, and it was soothing to be greeted by the crashing of the waves.

We got a massage at the spa. That was a disappointment. We're coming from China, where massages are hard and oftentimes painful so to I could only best describe the stress relief massage I received as a professional rub-down. Again, I'm comparing it to services i get here in China.

We also ordered room service several times as we wanted to simply sleep and relax during our stay, and not have to walk around (since there's not much anyway). But food is pricey so we did stroll down to the restaurants on the boardwalk. Some pretty good options at a much cheaper price, too.

Nonetheless, overall service and amenities was great!

Overall, I wish we could've stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelgirl9000
LMRA, General Manager at Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay at Le Meridien Ra and these wonderfully positive comments on our installations, services and surroundings.
As always, it is our sincere pleasure to host our guests from around the world and introduce them to the treasures of Catalonia and our unique beach-front location.
We look forward to welcoming you again, should your travels ever bring you back to Europe.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The building, the shell of an old sanatorium, is strange. It was never meant to be a hotel and the immense reception / lounge area was once a church.

The location is on a long (very long) clean beach. The nearby resort is a bit basic but there are a number of good typical tapas bars and small restaurants near. It is not the Marbella strip nor Puerto Banus - it is more Spanish 'popular'. There is an endless promenade.

The hotel is well managed (Starwood) and spotless. Piano bar with piano music at night and Breakfast! Staff are professional / informal . I like it that way.

The best is the restaurant. Great food with fun and inventive sweets. Small wine list.

The building does remind me of a Hitman game. Great Spa.

Prices are as one would expect. 140 rooms (?). The sea views are nice.

I will probably be back. It is a great place for a celebration if you live in Barcelona. Could be a really great honeymoon hotel. Great place for a conference too!

The worst thing? The building reminds me of a computer game. It is a quirky building with a creepy history but that's part of its charm.

I am not into spas but they say it is the best by far in the area. Partner said she felt " at ease". Sounds good.

Room Tip: Ask. A sea view is always nice. The nearer the main elevator, the better. The building is a bit spre...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most recent stay at Le Meridien RA.
Your description of our installations quite describes the truly unique character of
the hotel, the 4-story Explore Spa and our Convention facilities.
Yes, our hotel is often selected to host unique and personalized weddings, whether
held on the beach, on our rooftop terraces or in our beautiful gardens.
We appreciate reading your expectations as to service and comfort were met.
Should your travels away from Barcelona ever bring you back to the Costa Daurada, it would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you again at Le Meridien Ra

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hello there,

For my fellow americans ad world travelers, this is NOT a 5* hotel like they say...for american standards it may be a 3*. I was traveling through Europe last year and was there to soend a weekend. Horrible experience. Its like going back to the 80´s. First rooms are totally outdated with marks on the walls and mold in the showers. Customers service? No. Nobody smiles or help you and I am not exaggerating. Most of the seasonal employees are students - blessed their heart (all the restaurants and outlets, including the beach) all students and few trained people who can actually serve people. Most of them are overworked and tired looking. I felt bad. The spa is old. They said it was renovated, I can only imagined before renovation!! To go to the pool my husband (which is almost completely bold) HAD to wear a cap ?¿?¿ They said to me that all hotel employees are seasonal because they are closed half of the yer (which I dont doubt) The 5* standard must stand for the area where the hotel is at (maybe). Its not a pleasurable city :-( The beach was the only nice site to look at but one of the employees (arabian older guy) screamed so much at us sometimes that made us scared. I have traveled and stayed with Le Meridien hotels before but this one was not up to the standards (in any aspect). If you are going there, g luck but dont expect what they offer in their website. Its nothing like that when you see the real thing.

K Teixeira

Room Tip: Pray and Good luck!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kelly T
Dear guest,

We are truly sorry to read we did not live up to your expectations of our hotel during your most
recent visit.
From reviewing all of our guest´ comments reaching us via various media, we are able to
single your comments out as an unfortunate and individual experience.
We are very fortunate to have been able to maintain Starwood and Le Meridien standards
for a number of years, with strict and regular inspections on their behalf.
At Le Meridien RA, we furthermore foster an environment in which guest observations are in general attended to as soon as they reach our team of professional staff, most often during their stays.

Our sincere apologies for not having been able to meet your expextations as to the signature Starwood Hotel & Resort experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Vendrell
#4 of 10 in Calafell
Hotel Kursaal
Hotel Kursaal
#5 of 10 in Calafell

Been to Le Meridien Ra Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!