White Hart Hotel
Hotel Endsleigh(Milton Abbot)
$268
SmithHotels.com
The Horn Of Plenty(Gulworthy)
$152
Agoda.com
$162
  • Breakfast included
The Duke of Tavistock(Tavistock)
$127
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsbit datedwedding receptionbreakfast was excellentvery reasonable pricea lovely staytown centrecharactertravelodgequirksballroomfunctionkarencarveryvenuecastle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I started to use this hotel back in 2002. It was a little tired back then but a good old fashioned place to stay. In the last year or so I have used it for business as I travel a lot. I had room 36 this visit. I found the staff friendly and the food was very good indeed. The bar did have a grubby feeling though and the seating was held together with Duck tape!
My room was large but again very dated indeed. I had a twin room. The mattress was dipping in the middle and the pillows felt lumpy. The room was ensuite but the bathroom had carpet fitted and I personally hate that for hygeine reasons. The carpet around the loo was dirty and stained. The sink was cracked but held water. The shower was electric but if you ran around under it you did eventually get wet.
If you are after a very old, tired, quirky, single glazed hotel then this is the one for you. As I say, the food was great and the staff brilliant but the state of the bar and accomodation let's it down. The price should have given me an indication I guess as it is not at all expensive.
The room I had also had a lot of traffic noise.
I do not want to give the place a terrible review as it had its good points but it's not for me when I next visit. I will be trying a different hotel when I return to Launceston in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

A great old hotel conveniently situated in the main square. Room clean although ours was very tired. The staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The poached salmon I had for supper was superb and at this hotel a "Full English" breakfast meant exactly that. WiFi was only available downstairs near to reception unfortunately. Was there for a one night stop over en-route to Penzance but would have no hesitation in recommending the White Hart for a longer stay if you like being based in town. I go for value for money and good service and got both. Launceston is delightful and historic and well worth the visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here as part of a golfing party. The hotel coped well with all of us but also booked all the golf for us as well which takes the burden off the shoulders of the organiser.

The hotel itself is a rabbit warren with rooms everywhere and corridors darting off in all directions. The floors are uneven so take care at the end of an evening in the bar! The rooms are basic but clean and although the beds are not up to Sheraton comfort levels, neither are the prices. This place has character.

All the staff are fantastic and can't do enough to help. Very friendly and welcoming. The evening kitchen turned out some tremendously good food during our 2/3 night stay and the helpings were substantial with a wide choice. Breakfast was also excellent but I suggest you choose the small "full english" when offered as the large is well named and only for those with a huge appetite.

Free wifi is available in the public areas and in some rooms and car parking is available on site on a first come first served basis not that we had trouble getting a space. There are two bars of which the front is quieter and has more of a "sung" atmosphere.

The hotel is very centrally placed and convenient for all Launceston and its surrounding area has to offer. In short, the White Hart offers excellent value for money. The management and staff work hard to make your stay a pleasant one and this place deserves to succeed in a difficult market. Give it your support if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Clean, basic B and B. Comfortable bed. Very helpful staff - they organised breakfast an hour earlier than scheduled to start serving to enable us to make an early start. Much appreciated. Only problem was street noise - made worse by a beer festival right outside which presumably happens infrequently.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Went for an evening meal during our holidays. Booked a table in advance for 10 adults and 5 children. We got there 20 minutes before our booking, placed orders on time with a waiter that barely understood english. We waited 1 hour for food to arrive, during which they served other tables that came in after us. There was a wait of 20 minutes between the first plate and the last plate arriving at our table. Our gluten free order came served with a regular naan bread on the same plate, most of the meals were over cooked and dry, 1 mixed grill missed an egg, steaks came without the sauces that were ordered and were cooked well done even though they were ordered medium, the lasagne came without the garlic bread as stated and a 5 year old child was served apple juice in a glass with a big chip out of it. All we got was an apology and 10% off the meal. Awful experience that put a big black cloud over our last evening.

• Stayed: August 2013