Review Highlights
Best day out

We recently heard about this place through a friend and it did not disappoint! 10/10 will go back... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
287tammic
St Austell, United Kingdom
via mobile
Good day out

Plenty to do to keep 3 boys and parents entertained. Well maintained, lovely cafe. Good value... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
AliHULLHull
Hull

All reviews sherlock holmes forbidden mansion indiana trail crystal maze hobbit house secret passages great fun train ride treasure hunt miniature railway all ages mini train outdoor trails puzzle solving hedge maze we spent hours children aged
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not impressed. On arrival I thought the car park was a mess and then to find they had hidden the disabled parking in a concealed corner. Once inside, the trails were uninteresting and lacked content. Not disabled friendly, we even struggled to find a toilet.was not value for money.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Four adults and a dog went out today for an adventure and we got one. Dog not allowed in mansion so we said you go first we will go next Never expected to sit waiting over a hour so much fun in there Dog went on little train and the train driver was kind enough to warn of a tunnel in case he got frightened Maze was a bit muddy and wet but still managed to get lost in it Indiana section fun, the harder Sherlock part was too hard for us and our feet ached now so we gave up had lunch there which was fine I will go back and finish what I started one day

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant! we had such a brilliant day (in case you hadn't guessed!) here... It's good value and the place itself is beautiful. Well maintained grounds.. We started in the mansion... it was good (wont give too much away!) but my older on enjoyed the challenges and the younger one loved finding the secret passages...

We had lunch in the restaurant.... it was lovely (in fact my husband said it was one of the nicest burger's he's ever had and he's had a few!!) all the food was fresh, hot, tasty and reasonably priced. There were a lot of wasps around and might have been an idea to set up a couple of traps?

train next... enjoyed by all and a really funny driver. you got to see lots of the beautiful park.

Then we embarked on the outdoor challenges... we walked miles backward and forwards... solving clues and finding things (the younger child enjoyed the first trail more where you had to find symbols etc and the older enjoyed the second where you had to solve clues etc) We got stuck on a few but there were plenty of staff about that gave us further clues without giving us the answer.

It's lovely and shady as it was a really hot day and the restaurant is happy to fill up your own drinks containers free of charge (I love this!) Not sure it would be as much fun on a wet day as so much of it is out side!

I'd really recommend this as a day out.. something different and certainly like nothing we've done before. My 12 year old is into gaming (like many teenagers) and it was lovely to see him using his brain and gaming skills whilst getting fresh air and exercise - he was enthusiastic all day! He's also been desperate to do an escape room type thing but round here you have to be 14... so he loved this as he got a flavour for problem solving and challenges. My 2.5 year old loved the train, the piskie village and the play area.

We handed in our sheets and got a reward - would have been nice if the man behind the desk asked how we'd got on and at least looked at the older boys sheet as he'd spent ages filling it out but they were very busy.

Please visit - it's brilliant!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank MrsJonesandfamily
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We visited 2 years ago in Oct. It was not surprising to see a lot more people than last time since this was during summer holidays. We had to wait for our turn at almost every puzzle inside of mansion. Off peak season is the best time to visit.

Questions were changed as we hoped. Sherlock trail was quite challenging even for adults but certain clues were not very clear. There was a long queue at telephone booth. Just too long. Each team had to listen to clues and figure out puzzle at the same time inside the phone booth. Well I just chose the wrong season to come I suppose.

I don't want to find faults with facilities and the whole programme. Quizzes and puzzles are just entertaining and fantastic and every corner of mansion was well maintained and clean.

Only improvement I can suggest was at the entrance. When we first visited 2 years ago, there was a gentleman(seems to be a owner) who showed us how to go about solving puzzles in details. How to use answer sheet and the card at the end...etc. There is no way first timers would understand that simple instructions given at the entrance. Young lady recited a few sentences like a tape recorder. I understand that they wanted to shorten the explanation. Why not display written rules on a big board if they want to save time and efforts?

Overall, it was still a wonderful visit and we want to come back some time soon!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

What a find! This place is amazing, we had such a fun day out from opening to closing. Lots to see and your brain will be tested all day! A good sized maze, train ride, the mansion was really good as was the Sherlock trail. The clues are really tricky but lots of fun trying to solve them. We were really impressed with the young lady on reception who was friendly and helped us a couple of times when we were stuck! I think this is total value for money and we will definitely return next year (the clues are changed throughout the seasons so a good excuse to revisit!!). The grounds are all well maintained, toilets were spotlessly clean and we really couldn’t find fault with anything. A perfect day out, I can’t recommend hidden valley enough!

1  Thank Shootingmerlin