“Great vibe, real friendly staff, very understanding”

and 1 more site!
Mui Ne Backpacker Village
Ranked #1 of 46 Specialty Lodging in Mui Ne
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great vibe, real friendly staff, very understanding”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days and it was very chilled and the staff here were really friendly. Stayed in an exec room and it was great- almost like a hotel, with fridge and minibar and safe :)

The sunloungers are great and altho it's about 5 mins walk down the beach before u get to the sea u can still swim in front of the beach. Was quiet at night and had no problems sleeping. Great place to meet people too. Would have been even better if there was a bar/breakfast (for the price- 35 dollars for a exec room), but no real complaints there.

BE WARNED- I'd recommend against using the laundry service- my clothes came back smelling really bad (weird detergent?) and were all crumpled and not folded at all. Worse of all the colours ran so most of my white clothes were stained and ruined with red dye and some clothes had dirty marks (left on the floor?) Such a contrast with my previous wash in Cambodia. I would have said something but there is a big sign behind reception that said "damage to clothes is not our responsibility". Fair enough but I was a bit disappointed.

That said the guys were very understanding when I changed my booking and lowered my stay- really appreciated this.

Would recommend

• Stayed May 2013
johnjenkinsMuine, Owner at Mui Ne Backpacker Village, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I apologise that you were not happy with the laundry service. We do take care with the clothes given to us to launder, however, if you mix clothes that have the dye run then It is unfair to blame our establishment. The clothes were folded. If the clothes had been brought back to us they would have been rewashed. Sometimes during inclement weather it is difficult to dry 100%. We hope that the laundry is not your memory of your stay but of the lovely establishment and atmosphere that we try our hardest to provide.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, payed about 30 dollars for a four person room so between four it was cheap. They insist you pay upfront which we werent used to in vietnam but it had a nice atmosphere and the pool area particularly was quite sociable. Room was nice, hotel is run by an Aussie guy who wasnt particularly friendly and was quite sarcastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Simon,

Thank you for writing a review. It really suprises me that you found me to be unfriendly and my humour to be sarcastic. For that I apologise and should you return I will sit down and try to find what the real problem was. You stayed in a dorm and paid the advertised rate per night.
Haiphong, Vietnam
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was staying in dorm for 2 nights and it made my trip a great one. I met a lot of nice and friendly travelers staying in the same place. The dorm was clean and comfortable though it was pretty cold at night coz of the AC. Location was great. The lady owner is very helpful and friendly. I was late for booking a tour to sand dunes, so she tried her best, making many phone calls, trying to find me a ticket in one of the Jeeps as I asked for. One of the best and most friendly hostels I've been.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your very kind words. Thuy and I are very grateful for your support !!!
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in a double and a family room which were both clean and comfortable. The mini bar was great and the location was gorgeous, right on the beach and walking distance to restaurants. The manager helped us to book bus tickets which was much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Many thanks for a great review !!!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The resort was directly across the road from where my bus dropped off, which was an excellent start. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and the whole place was very clean - even the dorms (helped by providing very large lockers and making people keep their backpacks in them). There isn't a beach at the back, but concrete steps lead into the sea, and there are plenty of loungers on the upper level. My only possible critique is the power supply frequently cutting out, but this is a problem in the whole area, and the hotel has a backup generator so it isn't a huge issue (unless you're the sort that needs to be internet-connected every second of the day).
I would definitely stay here again, if I return to Mui Ne.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for a great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately we cannot control the electricity supply !!! Fortunately it doesn't happen too often.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Lovely pool, lovely view out to sea. Other than that, the worst customer service/satisfaction I've ever experienced. It's like being in a prison. If it weren't for the fact I've paid for my room and leaving tomorrow I'd be gone. You HAVE to keep belongings and bags in a locker (these are high up) Not only does my bag hardly fit in the locker but its 24kg so every time I need anything I have to lift it out and back in which is ridiculous. The aircon is the worst thing about this place. It is controlled by reception, no turning up or down without 'their permission'. Was so hot on the first night we would have been cooler outside. Had little to no sleep. Asked twice today for it to be turned down, when it finally was we had it cool for half an hour before they turned it up to HOTTER than it was before. It's a joke. They just try to save money which, when I'm paying what I am per night they should be providing decent service. Absolutely appalled and for anyone who wants a comfortable nights sleep where they're not sweating all night, look elsewhere. For some reason the dorm balcony is also the only balcony you're not allowed to smoke on which is stupid to stop people smoking outside when all the other balconies it is fine. Avoid this place with a barge pole. Never returning and will not recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013
jdajenkins, Owner at Mui Ne Backpacker Village, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We respect your right to write a review no matter how false. You are being punitive toward our establishment for no reason other than you were asked politely not to smoke in a "non smoking" area. You should understand that not all people smoke and some consider your habit anti social. The area where you were smoking is clearly marked as a "non smoking" area. We reserve the right to maintain our policies for the comfort of all guests. The reason we ask dorm guests to use the large lockers (that fit very large packs) is 1) for security of belongings 2) cleanliness .. our staff cannot maintain the dorms in a clean state if they cannot clean. 3) The comfort of other dorm guests ... they don't have to navigate other people's luggage when moving around the room. The AC is new, the reason for temperature fluctuation is due to the doors being left open not the unit itself. In the future please consider that your habits affect other people.
Culmstock, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This feels like quite a luxurious hostel compared with what you may expect in Vietnam. Everything is clean, well organized, and it is perfect if you are a solo traveler looking to meet others.

It is a little bit more expensive than I would expect to pay for a dorm room in SE Asia, and my friend and I considered paying a little extra to have our own room. However the beds in the dorms are comfortable, the lockers are convenient, and the bathroom in each room is clean. There are very comfortable loungers right on the beach which totally takes you away from the hostel feel!

Staff in the resort were very helpful when planning onward travel and arranging our sand dune tour (which is worth doing if you are in Mui Ne).

Overall a nice central place to stay, especially if you are a solo traveler as you get the price and social aspect of a dorm but with the luxuries of a hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chris, Thanks for the great review !!! We try our best to make your stay a great one, not only with our service but also comfort of our rooms. You happened to stay right in the middle of the Independence Day Holiday subsequently our prices were higher than usual. Travel safely !!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mui Ne
Mui Ne Hills Budget Hotel
Mui Ne Hills Budget Hotel
#1 of 122 in Phan Thiet
Long Son Mui Ne Campgrounds, Restaurant & Beach Club

Been to Mui Ne Backpacker Village? Share your experiences!