“Great accomodation. Best bunk beds in any hostel. Very, very clean”

Mui Ne Backpacker Village
Ranked #1 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Mui Ne
London, United Kingdom
“Great accomodation. Best bunk beds in any hostel. Very, very clean”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

It is very very clean. The bunk beds are the comfiest we have ever stayed in - really good quality mattresses and they are bigger than many bunk beds you get in hostels. Each bunk has its own light and plug socket which is great. The swimming pool is great - small but you can still swim in it. The loungers by the sea are great too though not enough for everyone - only the early risers could get one!!

Although not the cheapest dorm we have stayed in, by far the most comfy and clean! We also stayed in a room which was just like a very nice hotel. Apart from the dorms the complex is more like a very nice, swish hotel complex. Would def recommend staying here if you can get in - just book in advance as it gets very busy.

They have a travel agency and sorted our next bus journey really helpfully.

But - there are no tea/coffee facilities and no where for you to store any food so you are totally reliant on local restaurants for all your sustenance. Mui Ne isnt cheap and a decent cup of coffee is very hard to come by! Although there is communal space when we were there people didn't use it and none of the residents really talked to each other - not sure if the way the hostel is laid out or the people who were there when we were. Mind you, we found Mui Ne a very unfriendly place - locals and tourists. Not much to do here unless you want to surf.

Room Tip: The private room we stayed in was small but great. I'm not sure if the dorms upstairs will be qu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jdajenkins, Owner at Mui Ne Backpacker Village, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you !!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay while working your way up the coast. John and his staff couldn't have been more helpful & friendly. Booked our day trips, bus to Da Lat & told us where to go for dinner etc. Thanks John!

• Stayed January 2013
jdajenkins, Owner at Mui Ne Backpacker Village, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank for your kind words ... travel safely !!!
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I arrived after a 6 hours trip bus arround 2.30 pm and I had to wait until 4 pm because they didn't have my bed ready.
The owner kept my passport even when I told him I wanted to have my passport.
The staff don't speak english (only the owner), is frustrated try to ask something.
I payed the bus to Da Lat and I ask for my recieve but the owner didn't want to give me it.
The owner wanted me to book his tour and didn't help me for going to the white sand dunes on my own.
I rented a motorbike there and the left mirror and the left brake were broken and I had to tie the helmet with a knot...
And... don't book there the bus to Da Lat. It is a mini bus for 20 people but they put more sits and the bus is a nightmare with 30 people.

So... the place is not bad. Comfortable beds, lockers, free wi-fi and clean but in my opinion, the owner need to improve his fridnliness.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
jdajenkins, Owner at Mui Ne Backpacker Village, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review. Your bed was not ready as the previous occupant had lost their key. We had to cut another .. sorry for the delay. It is law in Vietnam for the hotel to hold onto the passport, all the information is sent to immigration daily. 2 of my staff speak english but remember you are in Vietnam where the national language is Vietnamese. There was a bus receipt at reception but you did not collect it. There is only one bus to Dalat and we cannot change the quality of their service. You did not rent a motorbike from us but from an outside source so we have no control over the quality of the bikes or helmets. I do remember giving you directions to the sand dunes. We're very happy that you found our amenities to be "not bad".
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If the hostel was anywhere else it might not get as glowing a review but mui ne beach is just absolutely fantastic!
Met some wonderful people here! (just luck of the dorm draw really)

Down the other end of the fancy pants resorts which means you don't have to put up with the kite surfer learners in your way all day.

Got beach beds on the front but get there early because there isn't enough! And some people are rude and just put stuff on them and don't come back till later.

Definitely could have spent longer here :)

• Stayed January 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We arrived in town with no hotel booked. We spoke to John and his wife but unfortunatly they did not have a hotel for the night. They arranged for us to have a room for the following 3 nights and said we could drop our bags the following morning as early as we wanted. The following morning we got to the hotel at 8am, dropped our bags and the room was ready in a few hours. In the mean time we had breakfast at the hotel and used the pool, beach and other facilities. John and his wife were extreamly accomodating! The rooms we had were lovely! Very well maintained and clean. John and his wife were brilliant and spoke to each of us by name daily about what we were doing and general chats. They gave advise about things to do, where to go, what to see as well as a history of the place itself. They really made you feel at home. The hotel is right on the beach and close to everything. There was a guard on the property and bikes to hire. We also haad washing done and a trip to the sand dunes (all very worthwhile). I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good although the rooms overlooking the water have beautiful view for a little more mo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jonkoping, Sweden
Reviewed January 15, 2013

While keeping the backpacker label in the name, it is more of a well kept boutique hotel, at least if you stay in the beachfront rooms (having private shower and flat screen TV and private outdoor furniture). I didn't use the dorm rooms but they seemed very nice and a better choice for budget travellers that quickly want to meet new friends. Very cleen rooms and well kept garden.

The owner and his wife are extremely nice and helpful, inviting guests to join them for dinner and so on sometimes. They also make sure solo travellers get someone to have a beer or food with. For christmas and new year, they (at least this year) asked anyone who wanted company to join and a group of guests ended up in a very nice dinner together.

Overall, this place gives a very warm and friendly welcoming, and I will absolutely return here as soon as possible. It also appeared many guests were repeat-customers so others apparently feel the same.

I give this place the highest recommendations!

Room Tip: The beachfront rooms have flat panel TV and are close enough to the beach that you can actually hear...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Right on the beach is where it is located. Spotless rooms and spotless facilities. John, the owner, for a Welshman, was incredibly friendly and welcoming. I cannot write anything negative except I wished I had spent more time there. Additionally, the rooms are non-smoking, a rarity in Vietnam. When my son wished to rent a scooter john graciously gave him his personal bike to use.

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better the view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mui Ne Hills Budget Hotel
Mui Ne Hills Budget Hotel
#1 of 120 in Phan Thiet
Long Son Mui Ne Campgrounds, Restaurant & Beach Club

Been to Mui Ne Backpacker Village? Share your experiences!