Pandanus Resort
$90
$72
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewspandanwine and cheesestardust bandthe general managerfamily suitesuperior roomwalking tourresident bandblue lagoon restaurantham tienbreakfast was excellentfishing villagesun terraceguest relationssand fliesshuttle busesthe red sand dunes
Reviewed March 24, 2008

The Pandanus Resort is friendly, warm, hospitable and very beautiful.
The staff are superb and the ambience ideally suited for relaxation.
Super beach and pool complete the experience.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank SABA7
Reviewed March 16, 2008

This is a beautiful resort situated on a still practically deserted beach. I walked for 40 minutes one way before reaching Hon Rom, a public beach with restaurants etc... and 30 minutes the other way before seing any commercial activities.
The bungalows are beautiful and a great value for your money.
On the negative side, when asked about transportation the Front Desk suggested we take a cab. They never mentioned the free shuttle. When asked about transportation by Phuong Trang bus to HochiMinh City, they voluntered to book for us at $110,000 VND/person. We booked at the Phuong Trang depot (right where the hotel shuttle bus stops) at $65,000 VND/person!
The morning buffet is below average for a 4-star hotel and their Vietnamese soup (only 2.50 US$), I am sorry to say, is the worst I have ever eaten.
I would enjoy the facilities, the staff are great (except Front Desk) but there are too many good restaurants in Muine to ruin your appetite there.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed January 1, 2008

I'm lucky to have been sent to the Pandanus by a Saigon travel agent. I loved my room--though a standard, it felt like a suite. Living area was tastefully set apart from the sleeping area, and the bathroom was decadently spacious! And the balcony ... great view and furniture, but that I hardly spent any time there, as the beach, pool, bar, and restaurant drew me for all my fresh air time.

The included breakfast buffet was wonderful, and I was quite happy with a la carte meals and the evening barbecues at pool side. Meals and drinks were very reasonably priced (as was the room).

Service was perfect everywhere--either the level of English among the staff is extremely high, or the staff is great at mind-reading!

The resort's location is well-removed from the crowded strip of resorts, and I appreciated that. Yet there was a free shuttle available in the evenings to get to and from the "strip" for the rare occasions I wanted to leave paradise for a night out.

Mui Ne was well-removed from urban bustle and a great getaway, but there was plenty to do besides lounge on or near the beach or at the pool. Delightful sand dunes are just a short walk from the resort, and several other beautiful natural sites (dunes, streams, etc.) are nearby for an hour or day of exploring. Mui Ne seems to be the windsurfing capital of Vietnam; I intended to give it a try but didn't get around to it. Next time!

I stopped off in the market and fishing village between the Pandanus and the "strip." It's a great place to walk around, tourist-friendly but not "touristy."

Looking forward to my next trip to the Pandanus--a must-stop on any leisurely trip to Southeast Asia.

I feel sorry for the couple of reviewers who had a bad experience--perhaps they stayed in a nearby shack? I'm glad I didn't see their reviews till after I was settled in! (Oh yes, free internet in the lobby and free wi-fi in the bar!)

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank kevieveggie
Reviewed December 28, 2007

We stayed at the Pandanus Resort for a week, and it's absolutely beautiful.
The hotel is very clean, gardens immaculate and the swimming pool is the highlight.
The staff are fantastic and very friendly, and the food was 5 star.
We stayed over Christmas and the hotel puts on a great Christmas Eve dinner for all guests.
We were so impressed with the resort and it's friendly staff that we booked again to stay there next year for Christmas & New Year period.
We highly recommend staying at the Pandanus if you are looking for a very well run, very well managed resort with all the amenities you'd expect in a high class resort.

Phil & Renee Withnell
Perth, Western Australia.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank PerthTravelover
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My husband , who is Vietnamese-American, and I took our three teenage children to the Pandanus for days while reuniting with his family after a 32 year separation. We loved our stay there... Our oldest son, who was 18 then, said that he felt bad about staying at such a nice place when there was poverty, otherwise, all around us. For those who want to [--] and complain about anything regarding this resort, realize that having an Oasis like this in Vietnam is incredible enough... I will be returning to Vietnam many times in the future and would love to stay here again. I felt very fortunate to be able to have the lifestyle that could let me dream about visiting a"little piece of paradise"... The food was good (try all the Vietnamese dishes- especially for breakfast), the people were incredible, and the beach is serene and quiet.
The only that distressed me about our stay was how the Viet Kieu treated some of the Vietnamese locals. Get your noses out of the air!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family