“A beautiful spot away from the rest of Vietnam”
Review of Pandanus Resort

Pandanus Resort
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Mui Ne
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My husband , who is Vietnamese-American, and I took our three teenage children to the Pandanus for days while reuniting with his family after a 32 year separation. We loved our stay there... Our oldest son, who was 18 then, said that he felt bad about staying at such a nice place when there was poverty, otherwise, all around us. For those who want to [--] and complain about anything regarding this resort, realize that having an Oasis like this in Vietnam is incredible enough... I will be returning to Vietnam many times in the future and would love to stay here again. I felt very fortunate to be able to have the lifestyle that could let me dream about visiting a"little piece of paradise"... The food was good (try all the Vietnamese dishes- especially for breakfast), the people were incredible, and the beach is serene and quiet.
The only that distressed me about our stay was how the Viet Kieu treated some of the Vietnamese locals. Get your noses out of the air!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank christianmidwife

Reviewed June 15, 2007

The Pandanus Resort shares the beach with another property next door but is isolated and large enough to provide plenty of silence, tranquility and luxury. The busy stretch of hotels, resorts, lodges and restaurants is quite a few kilometres away and will require you to drive (or ride a scooter). This is an excellent property with a large swimming pool and an even longer beach where you can check the very early fisherman' s market. It is so hot that it is best to go to the beach early in the morning, then eat breakfast and finally retire to one' s room during the midday heat.
There is free internet in the lobby and a lady weaves silk scarves which are sold in the gift shop. Service is friendly, served with a smile and can be slow (to me) at night in the lounge. Music is provided by a quartet of Philippino chanteuses and musicians. The food is decent in the main dining room and so is breakfast with limited choices of Western and Asian dishes. I will advise the adventurous travellers to try the many seafood restaurants along the busy stretch of road. For the ones tired with seafood, plenty of pizza and pasta is available. The Pandanus offers great accommodations (the 2 room bungalows included private entrance, a deck with chaises longues, a walk in shower stall, satellite TV and a small breakfast table with cofffee maker), great location, great beach and a relaxed atmosphere in a near 5 star property.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank jjlasne
Reviewed June 1, 2007

Well, if you are planning a romantic honeymoon, reconnecting with a loved one or just in need of some self indulgance...The Pandanus Resort is the place for you!

My check in went smoothly with a warm and welcoming staff.
As the bellman lead me down to my bungalow right off the beach, I was in awe of the beautiful tile work.

My bungalow was spacious, pleasing to the eye and clean. I even had my own little yard.

My first morning of my 5 night stay, I woke to the most stunning red sun sitting on the ocean's horizon. I immediately headed for the beach to find yet another surprise...a whole pathway of shells and interesting peices of mother of pearl on the shore line. Let me tell you...I was in heaven!

My morning walk was followed by a scrumptious breakfast buffet which offered not only local foods, but a variety of international dishes.

After breakfast I headed for the pool, a tropical oasis where I would swim and read. The pool was open until midnight!

In the afternoon I would indulge in having a massage. The spa was right on the property, which also included a salon.

No need for lunch...breakfast held me over.

The evenings I dined right in the open air restaurant, where a 3 piece group strum/sang local tunes. One of the musicians always had the biggest smile, which is quite memorable.

The General Manager is very personable and the employees' very friendly and helpful.

During my stay I left the property twice, but I felt the hotel's lure.

I grasped and inhaled the hotel's affections. I felt rejuvenated upon my departure and ready to take on anything.

The Pandanus Resort was a wonderful diversion from a hectic life.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank jasper21
Reviewed April 28, 2007

My wife, a co-worker and I visited from Hawaii, which some say is paradise. I can say that Mui Nei and its surroundings are-or will be one day, competition for Hawaii.
We thouroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff was fantastic, made every effort to engage us in English and feel welcome. We were there in what we learned was the slow season and seemed like we had the place to ourselves, though there were a wide cross section of other guests.
The resort is off by itself and away from any tourist distractions, the beach was beautiful and the property and rooms well maintained.
The restaurant was nice, the breakfasts very good and the dinner meals could have been better.
The General Manager is from California and se
emed very interested in our honest opinion of his property.
We highly recommend the Pandanus and lok for a return visit.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pvteye
Reviewed April 6, 2007

I spent 2 evenings at the Pandanus Resort to escape from 3 weeks of noise and general craziness of travelling through Vietnam. This resort is stunningly beautiful inside and out. Three expansive, split level water gardens greet you apon entering the lobby and the Cham architecture and Thai influenced furnishings are a treat to the eyes. You can walk 2-3 kilometres along a deserted beach in either direction. You can find brilliant yellow, orange, purple seashells littering the beach. If you are adept at body surfing you can play with the waves in the surf. The rooms are plush and spacious. I ate in the restaurant both evenings and received some of the best restaurant fare to date in Vietnam. A hotel shuttle bus is available to transport you to the busier, hotel strip of Mui ne for a change of food and scenery. I can't say that I recieved any poor, slow or ignored service as one other traveller experienced. The hotel is only 2 years old and the staff are all locals receiving daily english lessons and making effort. All staff regardless of grounds keepers, front desk, room cleaners or restaurant constantly beam genuine welcoming smiles at you . If you want down time in a superb location this is your spot.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank karenmontreal
Reviewed March 7, 2007

I just returned home to America after three wonderful weeks in Vietnam. I loved everyplace I visited and enjoyed all the new experiences, but the highlight was my short stay at the Pandanus Resort in Mui Ne. I was traveling the country with a Vietnamese family acting as my guide and we all were very impressed with Pandanus! The place is absolutely beautiful with a friendly efficient bilingual staff that we were both able to communicate with easily, not something I found everyplace. The family suite we shared was spacious with all the amenities you would expect in an upscale restore, even in the US. The swimming pool I huge with an island with 4 palm trees in the middle! I plan on returning to Vietnam in September and you can bet that a longer stay at Pandanus is in my plans.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Uncle_Don
Reviewed March 3, 2007

We spent one week last January in this relatively new, beautifully landscaped resort. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly, although a little shy, which is understandable since not everybody speaks English. Managers all were able to communicate in English though. Food was good and not overpriced, a very large buffet (breakfast) and a good selection of Western and Vietnamese dishes. We stayed in a spacious cottage directly on the beach, which gave us the opportunity to go discover the surroundings (sand dunes, fishing villages). There is tennis and other activities, also a beautiful pool (they organised a barbeque night one day). Can be a little windy in the late afternoon. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
Sandunes Beach Resort & Spa
Anantara Mui Ne Resort
Anantara Mui Ne Resort
#9 of 129 in Phan Thiet

Been to Pandanus Resort? Share your experiences!