Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
5 days trip from Mui Ne to Nha Trang

I have a WONDERFULL trip. My guide Ken is an excellent driver. I feel very safe with him. He was... read more

Reviewed February 29, 2020
Alice D
via mobile
4 Day Trip from Mui Ne to Nha Trang

It’s really hard to put all the memories we made on this trip into this review! We did the 4 day... read more

Reviewed January 14, 2019
821mitchb
Zurich, Switzerland
via mobile

All reviews real vietnam day tour lak lake long house felt safe and comfortable wonderfull trip coffee farm silk factory excellent driver easy rider trip bao great ride great company learned how local market sand dunes culture
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2014

Such a great two day trip through the mountains. Beautiful route via the Ho Chi Minh Trail and Hoi Van pass. Quang is a great guide and knows a lot about history and traditions. We had nice conversations. He also drives very safe and makes sure you are comfortable during the trip.
I had to catch a plane at the end of the day and he made sure I could see all the highlights and make it to the airport on time. Great experience!

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank daphcel
Reviewed October 12, 2014

I booked a 6 day trip from Dalat to Hoi An. I ended up cutting my trip short and fired my driver on the 4th day.
The trip didn't really match the itinerary, my idea of 'visiting' a plantation is NOT pulling over and looking at a tree from some strangers land while the driver barely attempts to explain how coffee is made. The itinerary said there would be 2 waterfalls, a visit to a market and a picnic lunch, I got 1 waterfall, no 'picnic' lunch or trip to any kind of local food market. He didn't speak English very well at all so I'm not sure if there were communication issues, but he ignored many of my requests. I asked him to stop at a bigger city so I could get some shirts, he said they wouldn't fit me and never pulled over. I asked him to stop at a shop so I could get sunscreen, he didn't - I got sunburned. I'm pretty sure he was making me pay for more than my fair share for any coffee or food we bought because I don't think a shack on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere would charge 25,000 dong for 1 coffee (what I paid in a chain store in HCMC). After I fired him, my coffee price suddenly went down to 12,000!!!
I ran into other travelers who were on the same route but with different companies and they we seeing much sites than I was. I asked my driver, Thang, to show me the sites that others were going to, instead of the boring, defunct brick factory he took me too, and the very next day he pulled over and made me watch some guys breaking rocks on the side of the road , as one of our 'sites' to see for that day. When we stopped at a temple he just pointed over the fence at the statues and said 'That one is Chinese, that one is Indian, go make picture' and then sat there smoking, again, NOT my idea of what a guide is.
The most contention came during meal times. He became extremely passive aggressive when I wanted to eat something that he didn't like or want to eat. I went to a restaurant with 37 menu items (quite unique in Vietnam) and he wouldn't translate any of them for me and instead ordered food before I could pull out my translator. I asked him what the items were, he said, 'pork and shrimp.' I pointed out that it looked like there were different kinds of 'pork' and asked him to tell me about the dishes, he said 'they just cook it different.' He then admitted that he never ate food other than the stuff from his hometown (which was chicken and rice and soup). I don't expect this from a 'guide' of Vietnam, maybe a cab driver, but not someone who is supposed to 'guide' my experience while travelling 1/2 up through a country! The next day I asked him to stop at a banh mi cart for lunch, instead he made me buy a piece of bread to take with me to eat at yet another chicken and rice place (which I refused to eat at since there were ants crawling all over the meat), passing many banh mi carts along the way, I might add.
Every night he would ask me me to share a hotel room with him (maybe because I was a solo female traveller),which creeped me out, and for $80/USD a day, I should get my OWN room! When I refused, he became passive aggressive and was very unpleasant.
The straw that broke the camel's back was when he basically abandoned me in a hotel in a very small rural town right before dusk. He could have told me that the town shut down at 6pm and that there would be no food or shops to go to (I still needed shirts, which he refused to stop for). He could have warned me that I should get food or supplies before all of the electricity (except for the hotel) shut off at night. I ended up wandering dark streets on foot with a head lamp until a nice stranger gave me a ride back to the hotel where I ate nothing for the evening.
The next morning, I emailed the owner of the company, he was very apologetic and called me, but I didn't want to waste the rest of my vacation being stuck with Thang so I took a bus to Hoi An. Thang gave me a refund for 2 days, but screwed me over on the exchange rate, claiming that he only got 21,000 per $1USD (this is Vietnam, so I should have seen that coming, but that rate was low, even for the scheisty gold hawker joints).
We did see a silk factory and the Elephant Waterfalls and the Fairy Pool (just that 1 waterfall, not the other one down the same road) and it was a beautiful drive, I just didn't like my lazy driver!!
BE CAUTIOUS of what company you pick because it really , really makes a difference in your experience! The other folks who used the Dalat EasyRider (light blue vests with circular badge) seemed to have a much better time!!

Date of experience: September 2014
17  Thank h s
Reviewed October 10, 2014

We went on an easyriders tour of three days from Dalat to Nha Trang with our lovely guide Hoàn! I rode on the backseat and Erik drove on his own moterbike alongside Hoàn. All we can say is that we had three amazing days and really experienced Vietnam. Not only did Hoàn show us beautiful nature (waterfalls, mountains, country side), but he let us get in touch and speak with local people for example during hammock brakes with sugercan juices. Erik was sick before we started the trip and Hoàn was always very concerned and helpfull, he accompanied us to the hospital to help translate. We will always remember the stunning views, little villages and the always happy Hoàn with his jokes and we would not have want to miss it for the world!

Date of experience: October 2014
1  Thank LisavdBor
Reviewed September 28, 2014 via mobile

We started in Dalat and we wanted to go to Mui Ne. That was the first plan. After talking to the guys we were adviced to explore the highlands and go to Ho Chi Minh city, plan 2. And so we started on our three day trip. Three days? The subject says six days. There comes plan three. We took an extra three days to discover the Mekong Delta. After this they helped us on the way to Cambodja.

Many thanks to our great drivers and friends; Hoan and Du. They showed us the most beautiful places, the best food and so many more during this beautiful trip. These guys are licenced tour guides and have knowledge of everything you will see on your way.

Joint hem and you will have an awesome trip.

4  Thank 477martijnb
Reviewed September 19, 2014

I decided to take the Central Highlands from Quy Nhom to Saigon for 5 days. It was awsome! Views amazing, air was fresh, a little rain exciting, sunsets stunning, after spending most of my Vietnam time by the coast it was a completely new outlook. We saw many minority villages, farming of coffee, tea, pepper and rice fields as far as the eye can see.
I really like the way with this kind of tour you can make your own schedule. You get to decide where you would like to go and what you would like to see. However if you are new to Vietnam these guys will make sure you don't miss out on anything and will create the perfect itinerary based on your time frame and interests. Vietnam you must see!! Now the serious part is the different foods I got to try. My guides knowledge of local foods and places to eat took me to places I could only dream about.
Mr Thang's bike is super comfortable and dreamy to be a passenger on. Nothing is a problem for him and his bike.....not even a few extra kilos of luggage;)
Thanks for an amazing trip!!!!

Date of experience: September 2014