“The best way to see a lot of things you would never see traveling alone and get to know vietnamese culture and history!”

Vietnam Easy Riders Group
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Mui Ne
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer a travel experience like no other. Sit on the back of a motorbike and discover the essence of Vietnam with guides who have an intimate relationship with the people and countryside. Our journeys include visiting local communities (including many minority groups), national park, waterfalls, caves, historical landmarks (both ancient and relating to the French and American Wars), markets and highland, township and coastal scenery. Our customers include Solo riders, Couples, families, groups of friends and motorcycle clubs .. feel free to contact us anytime for any questions, advice and assistance for touring Vietnam.
Reviewed October 15, 2014

The best way to see a lot of things you would never see traveling alone and get to know vietnamese culture and history! And of course have alot of fun.
We went on a 4 day motorbike trip from Mui Ne to Nah Trang with our lovely guides Huan and Du. Both were really interested in showing us their home country, vietnamese culture, beautiful landscapes, a lot of farms, families and factories. We tried food we never knew about. Huan and Du ordered all these very typical vietnamese things ("super lecker" ;)) and taught us about the vietnamese lifestyle and language.
They are a perfect team. One speaks very good English and can explains everything very detailed and always knows a good story to make you laugh. The other one is more quiet but the most caring and attentive person we ever met, with the nicest smile we've ever seen :)
We felt very save traveling with the easy riders, the motorbikes are very comfortable and the riders drive like they'd been born on a motorbike.
All accommodations we stayed at were quite nice, the evenings were always funny and cozy.
The easy riders helped us a lot to organize our next stops and plans of travel. They told us about what to see and what not, where to stay and where not. Because they travel all over Vietnam they know a lot of places and people they could recommend to us.

Huan and Du, thanks a lot for the very nice time we spent together, for all the singing, laughing, teaching, answering questions, driving... We really enjoyed the trip with the two of you!
Hit the road!

"weasel coffee"
in 3 reviews
"local restaurants"

Reviewed October 15, 2014

Such a great two day trip through the mountains. Beautiful route via the Ho Chi Minh Trail and Hoi Van pass. Quang is a great guide and knows a lot about history and traditions. We had nice conversations. He also drives very safe and makes sure you are comfortable during the trip.
I had to catch a plane at the end of the day and he made sure I could see all the highlights and make it to the airport on time. Great experience!

1  Thank daphcel
Reviewed October 12, 2014

I booked a 6 day trip from Dalat to Hoi An. I ended up cutting my trip short and fired my driver on the 4th day.
The trip didn't really match the itinerary, my idea of 'visiting' a plantation is NOT pulling over and looking at a tree from some strangers land while the driver barely attempts to explain how coffee is made. The itinerary said there would be 2 waterfalls, a visit to a market and a picnic lunch, I got 1 waterfall, no 'picnic' lunch or trip to any kind of local food market. He didn't speak English very well at all so I'm not sure if there were communication issues, but he ignored many of my requests. I asked him to stop at a bigger city so I could get some shirts, he said they wouldn't fit me and never pulled over. I asked him to stop at a shop so I could get sunscreen, he didn't - I got sunburned. I'm pretty sure he was making me pay for more than my fair share for any coffee or food we bought because I don't think a shack on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere would charge 25,000 dong for 1 coffee (what I paid in a chain store in HCMC). After I fired him, my coffee price suddenly went down to 12,000!!!
I ran into other travelers who were on the same route but with different companies and they we seeing much sites than I was. I asked my driver, Thang, to show me the sites that others were going to, instead of the boring, defunct brick factory he took me too, and the very next day he pulled over and made me watch some guys breaking rocks on the side of the road , as one of our 'sites' to see for that day. When we stopped at a temple he just pointed over the fence at the statues and said 'That one is Chinese, that one is Indian, go make picture' and then sat there smoking, again, NOT my idea of what a guide is.
The most contention came during meal times. He became extremely passive aggressive when I wanted to eat something that he didn't like or want to eat. I went to a restaurant with 37 menu items (quite unique in Vietnam) and he wouldn't translate any of them for me and instead ordered food before I could pull out my translator. I asked him what the items were, he said, 'pork and shrimp.' I pointed out that it looked like there were different kinds of 'pork' and asked him to tell me about the dishes, he said 'they just cook it different.' He then admitted that he never ate food other than the stuff from his hometown (which was chicken and rice and soup). I don't expect this from a 'guide' of Vietnam, maybe a cab driver, but not someone who is supposed to 'guide' my experience while travelling 1/2 up through a country! The next day I asked him to stop at a banh mi cart for lunch, instead he made me buy a piece of bread to take with me to eat at yet another chicken and rice place (which I refused to eat at since there were ants crawling all over the meat), passing many banh mi carts along the way, I might add.
Every night he would ask me me to share a hotel room with him (maybe because I was a solo female traveller),which creeped me out, and for $80/USD a day, I should get my OWN room! When I refused, he became passive aggressive and was very unpleasant.
The straw that broke the camel's back was when he basically abandoned me in a hotel in a very small rural town right before dusk. He could have told me that the town shut down at 6pm and that there would be no food or shops to go to (I still needed shirts, which he refused to stop for). He could have warned me that I should get food or supplies before all of the electricity (except for the hotel) shut off at night. I ended up wandering dark streets on foot with a head lamp until a nice stranger gave me a ride back to the hotel where I ate nothing for the evening.
The next morning, I emailed the owner of the company, he was very apologetic and called me, but I didn't want to waste the rest of my vacation being stuck with Thang so I took a bus to Hoi An. Thang gave me a refund for 2 days, but screwed me over on the exchange rate, claiming that he only got 21,000 per $1USD (this is Vietnam, so I should have seen that coming, but that rate was low, even for the scheisty gold hawker joints).
We did see a silk factory and the Elephant Waterfalls and the Fairy Pool (just that 1 waterfall, not the other one down the same road) and it was a beautiful drive, I just didn't like my lazy driver!!
BE CAUTIOUS of what company you pick because it really , really makes a difference in your experience! The other folks who used the Dalat EasyRider (light blue vests with circular badge) seemed to have a much better time!!

17  Thank h s
Reviewed October 10, 2014

We went on an easyriders tour of three days from Dalat to Nha Trang with our lovely guide Hoàn! I rode on the backseat and Erik drove on his own moterbike alongside Hoàn. All we can say is that we had three amazing days and really experienced Vietnam. Not only did Hoàn show us beautiful nature (waterfalls, mountains, country side), but he let us get in touch and speak with local people for example during hammock brakes with sugercan juices. Erik was sick before we started the trip and Hoàn was always very concerned and helpfull, he accompanied us to the hospital to help translate. We will always remember the stunning views, little villages and the always happy Hoàn with his jokes and we would not have want to miss it for the world!

1  Thank LisavdBor