“Always Welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MANTA Sail Training Centre

MANTA Sail Training Centre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vietnam's 1st (and only) sailing school! Located in Mui Ne Bay, an ideal location for sailing, with a gentle beach gradient, minimal beach break, protected inshore from the northeasterly winds. MANTA offers: * Recreational sailing * Supervised dinghy rental * Sail training * Certification * Racing * Wake boarding * Beach-side accommodation, with great individual, group and corporate rates! Sunset drinks, close to fairy stream, red dunes, Mui Ne fishing village and Mui Ne harbor.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Always Welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

What Manta lacks in amenities it more than makes up for in hospitality. While traveling throughout Southeast Asia my brother and I stayed at some very nice hotels and never have we felt more comfortable. I'm a kite surfer not a sailer but between the day to day interaction or the conversations over beer while watching the sun setting you would do you self a diservice by not considering Manta.

MANTA-MuiNe, Owner at MANTA Sail Training Centre, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
A joy to hear your stories and advice ...and all the best with your kiting across the world :)

Cawarral, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sailing Heaven at Manta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

When my wife and I traveled to Mui Ne from Ho Chi Minh City at the end of 2011 we had no idea that Mui Ne had its own sail training centre. I'd sailed Laser racing dinghys back in Malaysia in the late 1980s and was lucky to have come 3rd in the Malaysian nationals. I've been sailing dinghys and keelboats since I was 7 years old and have been a member of many sailing clubs in Australia and Malaysia. When we arrived at Manta I was keen to go for a sail, but hadn't sailed Lasers for 23 years. The wind was offshore and gusting to around 25knts so I wasn't sure if they would allow me to take out one of their boats. After a friendly chat with the staff they said that I could hire one of the Lasers with a full sized rig. The boys at the centre rigged a boat and assisted me as I took off from the beach. What a buz! I had an absolute ball tacking up to where the fishing boats were moored and then reaching back towards the clubhouse. The boats were well maintained and the centre had all of the requisite safety equipment and manned rescue boats in case anyone got into trouble.

I particularly liked the philosophy of the staff at Manta and the way in which they provided safe and rewarding jobs for fishermen who would otherwise be competing for the dwindling fish stocks in Vietnam's waters. In Vietnam it is quite a dangerous job being a fisherman as they need to go well out to sea to catch fish in very strong winds and rough seas. Manta is a great example for the rest of the world in terms of conserving fish stocks and promoting a healthy and green endeavour such as sailing.

The centre is highly profesional in the way they run the business and the management have developed strong relationships with key entities in Vietnam and government officials. I can't recommend enough going to Mui Ne and sailing with Manta. Mui Ne is a great place to visit and Manta was the highlight of my trip. I highly recommend this experience--I will be back there next time I visit Vietnam.

Visited December 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Scot A

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome first time sailing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

My daughter and I had an awesome few days learning how to sail at Manta. Great fun and a fantastic skill to pick up during our wonderful holiday. Very patient and well-trained staff - made me feel at ease and extremely safe. If you are lucky you can stay there too - they do not have many rooms - great atmosphere and away from all the hype down the track! We will be back next year!

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank photogviet

Chiang Mai, Thailand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had such a great sailing lesson with the highly trained, kind and patient coaches at the sailing centre. Thank you so much for helping me! Definitely worth a try if you have ever considered learning to sail. Will be back for more lessons.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank LiLi T

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Sailing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location with sheltered water from the swell further round the bay. Superb kit with RS Fevas fully rigged with kites and 2010 XD Lasers with radial and full sails. Even a 420 for trapeezing fun. Julia is very welcoming and the instructors love their job. Reasonable prices for champagne sailing.

Visited April 2013