“Good home cooked food, large portions.”
Review of Voyageur Cookhouse

Voyageur Cookhouse
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed September 11, 2013

we liked the friendly service, & delicious food....especially the fresh lake fish, huge hamburgers, home made beans & bannock. Also, the desserts! Don't miss the butter tarts, fresh apple fritters & blueberry pie.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went to this place for lunch on a very rainy day after doing a picture taking excursion at Chippewa Falls. Service was prompt and the atmosphere as pleasant as a bright cozy cottage. We shared a poutine, complete with cheddar and bacon. It was sinfully delicious! The soups we ordered were good too; I had beef barley and my friend ordered chicken rice. The prices are reasonable there. I'd recommend checking it out on your travels near Batchewana and Pankacake Bay. Good view of Lake Superior too!

1  Thank kickingrl
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good fresh, food and a perfect stop-over for hungry and road-weary travelers on Hwy 17. And yes, I would stay at the lodge, too (they were full so I couldn't). Other travelers told me that it was nice at night sitting on the porch outside the rooms, or venturing down to the beach in the evening.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family stopped here for lunch after camping for a week. What a great place to get a wonderful meal if you're on the road or camping at Pancake Bay Provincial Park. The food is quite good regardless of where you'd find this restaurant. It's even better given the remote location. We didn't expect to have the quality of food we received given this restaurant is more or less in the middle of nowhere. Everything here is homemade...even the potato chips. I had a veggie burger and my wife had the white fish. Both meals were wonderful. I will be marking this restaurant on my map so I will be sure to stop again. As others have already said, this place is a great find.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This lodge also contains and amazing restaurant to suit all tastes, from fresh whitefish or trout, grilled or deep fried. The grilled Whitefish is the best I have ever had in a restaurant and cooked to perfection with a delicious salad with a homemade maple dressing(light and refreshing), accompanied with a side of bannock bread. I saw a table order a fresh pan of garlic buttered bannock! I think I wanted too take some home!!! Fresh homebaked beans, bison burger, regular burgers, wraps, salads, beef, chicken and vegetarian delights. The desserts were simple the best a decadent 5 layer chocolate cake to a lovely massive apple tart covered with a crumb crust. A fine selection of wine and beer and their own branded wine to mark their 10th anniversary. Great food for children, including crayons and a fantastic play menu to colour! Breakfast is lovely from simple to hearty. Great prices, simply lovely pleasant staff. The owners are hands on. Every table is served with the best service! They come back with water coffee, you sure feel at home! Rooms to stay but even drop in for a meal! The vista over looking batchawana beach are breathtaking

1  Thank MASH16