“Loved the food!”

Salzburger Hof Dining Lounge
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Take in the fabulous view of Lake Superior while sampling the many authentic Austrian/ German dishes offered to you from our Chef Karen Van Der Swan. Fresh locally caught Trout or Whitefish and traditional Canadian dishes, such as steaks, are also available. Excellent dessert selection featuring our Haus Apple Strudel. Premium liquor and wine selection. Salzburger Hof Dining Lounge has been given the 'Best of the Lake' award twice by the readership of the Lake Superior Magazine. Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. Families and groups are welcome. Open from Mother's Day to the third weekend in October. Hours from 5 pm until 9 pm (seasonal)
Ottawa
“Loved the food!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food here was very tasty and fresh. Both my husband and I had the Haus Schnitzel- a schnitzel with a fried egg and smoked salmon on top. You eat it with cranberry sauce. I would never have put these ingredients together but it was delicious. The salad was fresh and crispy. Service was very attentive. Wish it was closer to home so I could eat there more often.

• Visited August 2013

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“What a treat!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I cannot say enough about the Salzburger Hof in Batchewana. We have been dining here for years and it is hard to believe but I think it just keeps getting better. Our most recent visit was for my mother in law's birthday. There were 6 of us and our meals were fabulous. Everything is freshly prepared and so delicious. The portions are generous, the service is pristine. The drive is beautiful and relaxing. I highly recommend you give it a try. Be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always superb”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I have patronized this wonderful "pinch me I'm dreaming" restaurant every summer...food amazing, service impeccable. You will get value. Go! Make a reservation for evening seating.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Grease Pit”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

One of the the Worst meals ive ever eaten,T-bone steak was pan fryed and dripping with grease and the snitzel was loaded with onions and also dripping with grease.the whole meal was taisteless and at $25 a plate i will never go back.

Kanata
“Lunch”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We up to Batchawana Bay area to go to the Agawa Indian Crafts, The Canadian Carver store in Pancake Bay and to see Chippewa falls. We had a simple lunch large hotdog pickles, icetea,coleslaw my husband had goulash soup & bread. We both had dessert chocolate cheescake and carrot cake everything was excellent fresh and just to cover us for lunch. I think it was $29.00 the staff was very friendly and helpful.

It is about 6 km off Hwy 17 but almost the whole way is along Lake Superior and the diningroom is on the lake. Nothing fancy but a nice change. Here is the website as it is listed as a Lakeshore Resort. www.salzburgerhofrestort.com. I did not see any kids while we were there but it looks like there is different things available for a stay there.

• Visited July 2012