My family and I did a road trip to Lake Superior and The Lake Shore Sazburger Hof Resort was one of our stops for a couple of nights. What can I say - we loved it! This is a family run business and the small touches are what made our experience all the more memorable. Ann was a lovely host who made us feel very welcome as did her daughter and son-in-law who served us in the restaurant (what a treat!). What made this my children's favourite spot was the tennis court, basketball net, outdoor shuffle board, and the availability of board games and cards they could ask for at the front desk. My 12 year old son was particularly impressed when Ann told him that she was making homemade jam for the breakfast the next morning. The view off Batchawana Bay is beautiful and you can grab a lounge chair and chill for the afternoon if you wanted to. They offer you free passes to three provincial parks which you can use anytime. We ventured to nearby Panckake Bay for a quick dip in the water (CHILLY WATER!!!) and Lake Superior Provincial Park for some fantastic hiking! The rooms are dated but I honestly think that's what made this stay even more fun. We stayed in the motel suite which gave us a bedroom with two beds and a living room with tv, couch, table and chairs. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the propane heater gave it a rather authentic, old school feel. If you decide to stay here make sure you eat dinner in the restaurant at least once! WOW! The menu is authentic Austrian fare and everything we ordered was wonderful! Portion sizes were huge and the service was excellent. Ann's daughter and husband served us and they were attentive, informative and happy. We also ate breakfast in the Club Gazebo. Pancakes or french toast piled high with fresh fruit is a must! <3
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take in the fabulous view of Lake Superior while sampling the many authentic Austrian/ German dishes offered to you from our Chef Karen Van Der Swan. Fresh locally caught Trout or Whitefish and traditional Canadian dishes, such as steaks, are also available. Excellent dessert selection featuring our Haus Apple Strudel. Premium liquor and wine selection. Salzburger Hof Dining Lounge has been given the 'Best of the Lake' award twice by the readership of the Lake Superior Magazine. Families and groups are welcome. Open from Mother's Day to the third weekend in October. Hours from 5 pm until 9 pm (seasonal) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Hotel
- Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Resort Batchawana Bay, Ontario, Canada