We did not stay here, but stopped and had a very nice meal after a day trip up the coast to Agawa bay. It was busy, and we did not have reservations but they were nice enough to seat us anyway. Beautiful view of Batchewana Bay and Lake Superior. The food was authentic middle European and the service was warm and friendly. Although the décor is dated, it is sparkling clean and well maintained. I would literally have eaten off the floors. Not a speck of dust on anything. We would consider staying here next visit to the Sault Ste. Marie area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take in the fabulous view of Lake Superior while sampling the many authentic Austrian/ German dishes offered to you from our Chef Karen Van Der Swan. Fresh locally caught Trout or Whitefish and traditional Canadian dishes, such as steaks, are also available. Excellent dessert selection featuring our Haus Apple Strudel. Premium liquor and wine selection. Salzburger Hof Dining Lounge has been given the 'Best of the Lake' award twice by the readership of the Lake Superior Magazine. Families and groups are welcome. Open from Mother's Day to the third weekend in October. Hours from 5 pm until 9 pm (seasonal) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Hotel
- Lake Shore Salzburger Hof Resort Batchawana Bay, Ontario, Canada