“Quirky - good location for business near Messe” 3 of 5 bubbles

INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aschheim
GreenLeadersGold level
UK
“Quirky - good location for business near Messe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

The designers have obviously been to town on this hotel with the rooms having a somewhat quirky feel - having the shower in the middle of the room in a glass cubicle struck me as a little odd - OK if you are on your own but not so great for families I would guess. Other weird and wonderful things included the bedside lights being bolted to the bedside table which made location of water and alarm clock a little difficult; there was no chain across the door or other way I could find to secure the door from inside - perhaps it's OK but as a single female, I like to have the additional security. The curtains didn't seem to stretch across the entire length of the window so I was a bit wary of taking a shower in my glass cubicle at night with the lights on!! When I asked about the free wifi I was told that they would need to bring up a router to the room (I was on the 3rd floor) - I didn't bother as it was late when I got there so make sure you ask at reception first. Finally, I am still puzzled as to why German hotels insist on a postage stamp of a duvet on the bed and this hotel was no exception. That aside, the staff were friendly enough and breakfast was a fairly decent spread.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd floor or check how far the free wifi extends without having to get a router brought to the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
Pershore, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here a few times on business and still impressed. Each room I've had has been different with some interesting room layouts, this time I had a shower unit as a feature in the room which for me was refreshing but for others a bit bizarre I guess,depends on the individual! Reception staff are friendly helpful and genuine. Wolfgang runs the bar and restaurant on the super cool mezzanine level, an astute professional with the memory of a genius, a good man indeed. The food is great and his service is top class. The only criticism I have this time was that in room 221 the curtain was 1 foot too small for the window, a tiny oversight in an otherwise great venue. Looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: Roll with it....I've had different rooms each time and so have my colleagues. They all have the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear DJL73,

It is really great to have you as guest at our INNDISDE Neue Messe and that you know the hotel from your various visits. You see the hotel in its continuous development and can let us know where we need to improve ourselves. Thank you very much with the information in regards to the curtain in room 221. We have already passed on the feedback to our housekeeping team, who will deal with this issue!!

Knowing that you enjoy yourself and are happy with us and our service is really great. On behalf of the whole Team and especially from Wolfgang we hope to see you very soon and send our best regards!

All the best
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Nice modern hotel a little ways from Munich in an industrial area. Not to far from supermarkets and stores. Shower is glass and right in the room and not great for a family. Also wifi is not included and expensive.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for visiting INNSIDE Neue Messe and the time that you have spent to write about your experience. It is true that we do have a special bath concept and try to offer new solutions to the hospitality industry. We are glad that you liked the concept!

We appreciate your feedback in regards to the WiFi. We can happily tell you that from now on WiFi is a complimentary service in the Hotel!

Mike S, on behalf of the whole team we would like to thank you again for your stay with us. Have a great start into the spring time and see you soon at the INNSIDE!

Best regards
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Location - far away from the city centre, as we travelled by car, it wasn't a problem for us. It took 15 minutes to get to Marienplatz. (and you'd better have a green plaquette for the ecological zone within Munich).There was a lot of parking space next to the hotel, absolutely free of charge.

Staff - helpful, smiling, cheerful!!! Thanks to everybody who made our stay at this hotel so comfortable and pleasant!!!!

Breakfast - just WOW! Incredibly delicious! As I don't eat meat in the morning I still could find so many dishes to my taste, including salmon, scramblled eggs, different kinds of cheese, fresh vegetables and fruit. there was also a good variety of fresh juice.

Rooms - modern, well decorated with unsual shower, absolutely transparent :), so watch out when you're planning your trip along with the kids!

Tv - most of the channels are in German... Enjoyed watching ballets and circus performances on one of the channels since couldn't understand German, to our regret.

Cleanliness - we stayed at the hotel for 5 nights, every day our room was properly cleaned... I was amazed by the cleanliness of the shower... it was shining as a new one. We've never seen anyone of the cleaning staff, but we'd like to thank them here. (of course we left the tip but didn't have an opportunity to thank them personally)!!!

General impression - the best one, strongly recommended, especially if you travel by car!
We'll definitely come back to it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I have recently travelled to a number of countries including India and this the first one where I had to pay for the Wifi, if you pay for the 10 Hour package it's very difficult to stop the time being used when you leave the hotel so the 10 hour package lasts about 3. Really poor in this standard of Hotel internet is now as essential as heating and light so will try another hotel next time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Yerevan, Armenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in November during my business trip. The hotel is located near our office, so the location was excellent for me :) although it is located quite far from the centre of the city and if you plan to use S-bahn, please note that you would need to walk for 5-7 min from the hotel to the station.
Positive:
hotel is modern, stylish, clean. Room was nice and clean, BUT the transparent shower in the middle of the room was a shock!
Breakfasts were great - food was fresh, tasty, etc. The french speaking waiter was extremely polite and helpful.
The minibar is included in the room rate, so that was a nice surprise.
Negative:
Receptionist (I do not remember her name), with curly hair, who spoke little English was extremely rude! She yield at me when I called to the reception and asked about wi-fi. She was acting like she was doing me a favor while helping me with some queries.
The other girl (with long hair and glasses) was VERY nice, helpful and smiley!
Wi-Fi is not free.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
INNSIDECK, Manager at INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to sincerely thank you for choosing our hotel Innside by Meliá Neue Messe during your stay in Munich, as well as for taking the time to give a review of your experience in our facilities.

With great interest we have noted your remarks over our employee at the Front Desk and we have taken your options seriously so we do trainings to avoid this kind of situation.

It is very valuable for us to get as feedback from our guests, as it is the only way we have to improve our quality service, our staff commitment and our personal motivation.

Even if you were not fully satisfied with the treatment received we are hoping to welcome you back in our Hotel. We would like to take this new opportunity to convince you of our improvements in our service.

Sincerely yours,
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a few years old and I have been there a few times, and nothing much has changed between the first time and the last. The most unusual is the shower cabinet in the middle of the room: not good if you are shy... I like it though! I also like the architecture, the interior decor and the breakfast. The bar is a bit boring, at least I have not experienced much bar life here. If you have business in the area, take a night here - it is actually quite good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aschheim
NH Munchen Ost Conference Center
#27 of 381 in Munich
H4 Hotel Muenchen Messe
H4 Hotel Muenchen Messe
#82 of 381 in Munich

Been to INNSIDE by Melia Muenchen Neue Messe? Share your experiences!