“Great atmosphere and flavorful dishes!”
Review of Cucina Vanina Ristorante - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cucina Vanina Ristorante
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer a culinary trip to southern Italy, with authentic southern Italian cuisine for lunch and dinner, in a warm Italian atmosphere. Buon appetito !
“Great atmosphere and flavorful dishes!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A great location for either dining in for an adult evening without driving downtown or for take-out for a candlelight dinner at home. Perfect for a date night either way and Italian food rivals other competitors (e.g., Lugano's, Fratelli's, Sea Salt). Pasta dishes were more flavorful than Sea Salt. There are not really any flat bread options, but why would one want to steer away from the lasagna anyway? Tomato vodka penne pasta a nice, lighter alternative. Catering menu prices seem reasonable and would be a great way to have an elegant party or work function. I would probably agree that $19.50 for lasagna is high for the area but compared to Vegas, prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the ingredients. Service was prompt and friendly. Will return!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank dreamtravelreviewer

St. Paul,MN
“Decent food, expensive dinner”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our family of four had dinner here and I would say the food was good, but not over the top great. We each ordered an entrée, my wife and I had one glass of wine and a salad. Add one iced tea and a water for the kids and our bill was approx. $140.00. I don't mind paying more for a fabulous dining experience, but this was not one. Not much on the menu that appeals to teenage kids.

• Visited March 2013
Salt Lake
“expensive food without flavor”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

we visited on a thursday: sadly to say 1st and last time.
bread: cold and tasteless y had to ask for salt.
salad: nothing special subpar for the price
butternut squash: watery, couldn't event taste the butternut squash
gnocchi: ok
carbonara: ok perhaps a bit greasy.
staff friendly.
nice decor, clean.

• Visited April 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I've been to Cucina Vanina a couple of times now, and really enjoy the food. The antipasti is wonderful, and I love the bread and oil they bring. When she makes her Gnocchi, you must absolutely try that...it's light and airy, not heavy and pasty as you often find. The Gorgonzola sauce with it is amazing, but I love the red sauce too. Her meatballs are awesome, and even though I rarely order them in a restaurant, these are worth it if you like them--and it would be a great choice for kids. Carbonara was also very good.

Our service has always been good. It can get pricey, but to me it's worth the trip. The restaurant ambiance itself is light and bright, but it can get noisy in here. If you are there at lunch and a larger group is eating, it does seem to overpower the place. For the warmer weather, there is an outdoor patio, so I am looking forward to that.

The espresso is great and authentic.

When she has the olive oil available for sale, it is worth the purchase.

I will be back again, and am really looking forward to lunch outdoors in the spring.

• Visited October 2012
Holladay, Utah
“Nothing special, Expensive for the offerings...”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place looks busy when we'd driven by so we thought we'd give it a try. A huge disappointment followed. The service was mediocre, the food mediocre, the ambiance mediocre, the prices were high. Not a good combination. My wife had soup that tuned out to be colored water for over $12. My entree was not cooked properly. I would not recommend the Cucina Vanina.

• Visited October 2012