“Bad susi”

Bamboo Sushi and Grill Bar
Ranked #204 of 288 Restaurants in Kosice Region
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Bad susi”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

As a sushi lovers we can say that sushi was terrible and fish was not fresh. Kids said that their avocado susi was OK.

• Slovak first
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Terrible sushi with low cost ingredients”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I am a sushi lover. I can say when sushi is good or not. This one was not good. Fish was not fresh. Staff was always busy and far from hospitable. Never again.

• Visited August 2013
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Huge menu, Tasty food, Good service, Great price, Fab location - whats not to like?”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were only in Kosice a few days and were actually looking for a restaurant serving good Slovakian food - but we failed on that score... What we found instead was this little Gem. Well I say little, its like a Tardis: looks tiny from outside but goes on forever when you get in.

The menu was great as it had pictures - we had already found out that ordering food in Kosice was a bit hit and miss if you only spoke English so this was very welcomed. Also the pictures actually did the food justice - and my companion took ages to choose as there was so much that tempted him.

We had loads of food - all very tasty, plus cocktails and a bottle of wine and it came to 43 euros. I was very happy with that as it was a really lovely meal out and the waitress was very good too

Would definitely recommend and go back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank gabrielle s
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Nice sushi experience in the city centre”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this restaurant after I visited it for the first time. Since then, I returned back 3 or 4 times and I believe I will again when I visit Kosice.

I thinks the restaurant's menu is standard for this type of restaurants. It is not only a sushi, but also Vietnamese, Thai or Chinese meals.
Their sushi is tasty and fresh. You can choose out of 20 types if I remember well, combo plates are also offer. Their roasted duck brest are superb, maybe rice served with it is a bit dry on the contrary.

Interior

Nice interior, I love their back room which is dimly lit and therefore it provides nice atmosphere for a little date.

Exterior

The restaurant offers tables outside, right in the city centre where you can enjoy its beauty while eating.

Out of my visits, I remember 2 waitresses which weren't helpful or were looking like "bored". However, I'd recommend to have more permanent waiters employed, not only part-timers, so that the quality of the service is kept.

• Visited May 2013
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Always a winner”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Bamboo is possibly the restaurant I've visited the most here in Kosice. Delicious Asian cuisine (I usually have Vietnamese soup), sake with salt on the rim of the cup (never tried it like that before, but it's actually quite delicious) and yummy sushi. Recommended.

Visited August 2012