“Elegant 5 Star Dining”

Bob's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Shenandoah
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BOB’S STEAK AND CHOP Our Steaks Are Prime, Our Portions Big & Our Drinks Stiff. Since the opening of the first Bob’s Steak & Chop House in Dallas, Texas, in 1993, the name “Bob’s” has been synonymous with a great steakhouse experience. Building on the reputation we earned at our original Dallas location, Bob’s has opened restaurants nationwide that offer the best cuts of meat available. Each Bob’s location has its own unique personality, but all strictly uphold the same exceptional dining and service standards. We treat each customer as a VIP at every location, so you can dine with us in Dallas, San Francisco or Nashville, and feel like you are at your favorite Bob’s every time. Our combination of simple elegance, lively atmosphere, big drinks, fine wines and large cuts of the finest prime steaks, chops and seafood make Bob’s the best steakhouse in any town. It starts with our beef. Always Prime, we hand select our steaks from the top 2% of all beef. Perfectly trimmed and expertly grilled, our steaks are the best anywhere. To accompany our steaks we make every dish in house; from our famous pickles and even more famous warm loaves of bread, to all our sides and desserts. Our chefs keep it simple; no gimmicks, no list of ingredients you can’t pronounce. We don’t try to prove how smart we are, but rather how smart you are for dining at Bob’s. Bob’s Steak & Chop House has continually been recognized as one of the best steakhouses in the country, and continues to serve up the high caliber of service and steaks for which we’ve become known. Come visit us at any Bob’s location and enjoy the taste of prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name “Bob’s Steak & Chop House.” THE WOODLANDS STEAKHOUSE WITH THE BEST STEAK IN TEXAS. The newest edition to the Bob’s family! Come visit us at the Bob’s Woodlands location and enjoy the taste of our hand-selected prime beef served by people who take real pride in the name “Bob’s Steak & Chop House.”
Montgomery, Texas, United States
“Elegant 5 Star Dining”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We met friends here to celebrate two birthdays and an anniversary and the venue could not have been more perfect. Our friends arrived first and were greeted by perfectly sized (large) cocktails while they were waiting for us and the bar was the perfect spot to sit. The decor was warm and inviting and the atmosphere was low-key. We arrived shortly afterwards and we were shown to our seats. The waiters were professional and treated us exactly how we should be treated in a five star restaurant. The dining room acoustics were fit for conversation and no one had to yell to be heard. They allowed us to take as long as we wanted and we never felt they were rushing us out just to seat the next guests. The wine list offered premium wines and we were able to find a couple of different selections that fit our evening perfectly. Two in our party enjoyed the prime ribeye cooked exactly as ordered. Another chose the rack of lamb which was perfectly prepared and she ate every last bite. I opted for the king crab which the chef prepared so that I did not have to struggle trying to access the meat and this was a nice surprise. The food was amazing with large portions. The manager treated us to a dessert sampler to celebrate our evening. This is a five start restaurant so be prepared to pay for all of the benefits that accompany quality dining. We will be back to celebrate our next event.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cathy W

The Woodlands, Texas
“Best Steaks in The Woodlands by far”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great for dinner, whether business or personal. Good wet-aged, and dry-aged too. Great sides, great service. Easy access. The Woodlands finally got a decent steakhouse!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Bob W
Arizona
“Great meal!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I were visiting The Woodlands and were invited here with friends. What a lovely addition to The Woodlands, great ambience and food.. Our steaks were perfectly cooked, loved the carrot included with the meal, and the pickle jar on the table is a great surprise! We will definitely return on our next visit to the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kkl1010
Spring, Texas
“Business Class”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The Filet Mignon at Bob's is indescribable. Cut it with a fork like butter. So tender and amazing!!!! I love the ambiance especially for business meetings. All my clients loved their experience from the fish to the lamb and to the steaks!! Highly recommend!!!

2 Thank BillJWagner
Houston, Texas
“Great Expectations. Low Delivery Level - Expensive Net Value”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a birthday dinner with another couple for my husband here recently. My husband ordered a ribeye that was more fat marbling than you can imagine - I would guess that it was 1/3 fat, and some of it was so massive, it turned my stomach looking at it. They charged us $5.00 extra for this ridiculous strip of bacon on my husband's salad - what a shocker! The guy asked, "do you want bacon on your salad?" (a wedge - which you normally get bacon - on a wedge salad, right?) - and they charged extra for that!! Goodness.

My fish was fairly average. I almost got the duck, and wished I had. We just expected so much more after rave reviews reported from my son and daughter in law up in DFW area.

Sad that this might be just another expensive steak house that is more name than value delivered. I look at it this way: I can go to the store, here in Texas, and get a great cut of beef to cook at home - and it would be cheaper to do this; you go out, pay some bucks more for a premium meal - You should get a premium meal. 'Nuff said. The steak should be absolutely STELLAR for the prices that you pay for them here.

The service was reasonable but for the omission of the notice that the bacon on the salad would be $5 extra!

The dessert that they brought for the birthday boy was yummy - everyone got a spoon of it. A bread pudding...

We had a good wine and everyone seemed to be okay with their food, but for the pricey, but sub-par ribeye that my husband ordered.

The next day, we had to go over and sort out some confusion on credit card charges that we found on our online banking account that did not sync with our receipt. The manager was a good guy and explained it to us (although it was kind of convoluted...). He asked us to return.

Maybe this place is still working out its new location and such, but with the food - I don't think so. I think that they just need to deliver value for $.

• Visited February 2014