“Still new and disorganized but has potential”
Review of Bennigan's - CLOSED

Bennigan's
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I haven't visited a Bennigan's in year - thought they had gone under, but evidently they are back from the dead. Our first visit proved to have a 30 minute wait (early Saturday night), so we passed but ended up stopping for lunch the next week.

It is obvious that the place just opened, and while everything looks nice, it is all modern and somewhat like other chain restaurants - the Irish pub feel of the old Bennigan's was not to be found anywhere.

The menu had a lot of things that looked and sounded good, but everything was on the lukewarm side and just average - grilled chicken, broccoli, fries, chicken tender salad, and baked potato soup. It took longer than expected for lunch to get our food, and my soup didn't come until after the food. Our server was very chatty with her 5 other tables - fine if they are slow but kept her from providing great service. However, another server was very helpful and stopped by a couple of times including personally taking care of the soup issue.

Overall it wasn't a great experience, but given that it was new, I won't say that we will never come back - we may in the future once the kinks are all worked out.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The place just opened about 3 weeks prior to our visit but I was expecting better service based on similar visits to other new places I have visited. When we entered we were told there would be a 15 - 20 min wait. Ok fine so we went to the bar to wait and get a drink, even though I saw quit a few open tables. With it being a week day and being new we would have expected a happy hour or specials. But no, the girl who served us told me the management had not figured any of that out yet. What(?) I would have thought they would have had a plan when they opened or at least told us they didn't do happy hours. Not a good sign I thought. Mi Cocina had their act together when they first opened had the plan and spent the money to cement their success with me and my positive reviews and future visits. When they finally sat us down our waiter was helpful but absent most of the time. The food was fair but not great. When we asked for the bill our waiter disappeared to get the check and we finally had to flag down a manager to go find here. Needless to say our tip was not generous. I will try it again in a few weeks to see if there is improvement. But if they want to be successful with the younger crowd and price conscious people get a happy hour! BTW the prices were good.