“Great spot for breakfast, with a Louisiana flair!”
Review of Another Broken Egg

Another Broken Egg
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Shenandoah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 19, 2013

As a cajun girl myself, I appreciate the Creole and Cajun inspired breakfast dishes at this restaurant. This is a full service restaurant, that serves the entire menu all day, including breakfast items. There is sometimes a wait, but we usually go on a weekday, and not more than a few minutes. Excellent choice for a unique breakfast experience! Try the Lobster omelet!

1  Thank Tessa C

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a long wait in the cold and then got to our table to find some scrumptious offerings. I had the sweet potato pancake and it was scrumptious! My husband had pancakes and eggs, and he seemed satisfied. They have a lot of different offerings - various Benedict's and other egg dishes - if you cant find something to eat here, you have problems!! I like the Community Coffee that they serve. The service is good and attentive. It is just a long wait the later in the morning that you arrive.

1  Thank West_Tx_54
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just across the highway at Portofino Centre, Another Broken Egg Cafe is a good location for breakfast. Their unique and creative menu offers a multitude of choices for breakfast, brunch and lunch. We ate there after going to church on a Sunday and I had the Ham & Cheese Omelet served with country potatoes & a crisp English muffin. Service was good and parking is available, It does get crowded on Sunday's.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is my second time going. I went the week they opened because the Baton Rouge location was wonderful! The first time, my crab cakes were warm on the outside and ICE cold inside. That told me that my food was frozen. I sent it back. The manager never visited the table, unlike the BR location. No one apologized and the service was terribly slow.

Today, we went for the second time since they opened. We thought we would give it another try. Bad idea. Our server was so inattentive. We were missing something from our order and she never brought it. I ordered toast after my food came and she never returned. When I finished eating, I asked her to take the egg and toast off since it never came and we were done. She brought it out after we finished eating. I had to ask another server for coffee because ours did not offer any or come by. I wanted to speak to a manager, but I did not see one. After asking for the check the SECOND time, I said forget it. We will not return.

The tables are too small and crowded with condiments. We were sat a table made for 4 with 5 people. Putting an extra chair at the end does not make it a table for 5. There was no room to move and eat comfortably.

I would advise you to go to The Egg & I at Six Pines and Research Forest. They are always on point! If you are ever in Baton Rouge, try Another Broken Egg.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Terrible experience. Food late or missing. Toast at end of meal. No coffee refils. Tried yo give eggs with check. Last time visited food was ice cold.