“We will be coming back for sure”

Days Inn Shenandoah TX
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Shenandoah
“We will be coming back for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This is probably the nicest Days Inn I've ever seen. Yes it is a standard room, But all the amenities very nice. We brought coffee from home which worked out because they had a regular coffee pot. There is plenty of counter space on bathroom vanity, showers hot, comfortable couch and the bed was VERY comfortable. My husband had the continental breakfast and said its the best continental one he's ever seen. He said the cooked eggs and such were very good and there were also healthy options which was a plus for us. We stayed here because it was close to the Cynthia Woods Pavilion. It's not convenient to walk to but it is only 5 to 10 minutes drive at the most. The manager and attendants were very knowledgeable of the area and gave us plenty of information without us even asking. We decided when we left we would come back to The Woodlands because of how nice the community is and that we would stay here again for sure. Highly recommend it for an affordable room in The Woodlands

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
The Woodlands, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

To the REST of MY FAMILY and HEATHER'S FRIENDS and her US NAVY:
DON'T STAY at DAYS INN!!!
- cc: Facebook of family and friends of Heather Courtney Moburg,
deceased former US Navy Officer and new mother.
Wish I knew someone at Wyndham, in New Jersey, which owns the Days Inn, or the senior management of Days Inn!!!
- The staff here at Days Inn - Shenandoah was the kindest of any I've ever encountered, and all were very understanding of my bereavement situation, including American Airlines.
- Yet, after the others of the motel staff were informed and understanding ---
THE MANAGER or FRANCHISEE, while I was waiting for Andy, who had flown in from Japan, and was to meet with the funeral home director for Heather’s Navy ceremony services, this morning, and to get with me at the Days Inn, to arrange my long-term stay,
CALLED to TELL ME IF I COULDN'T PAY IMMEDIATELY, at 17 MINUTES PAST CHECKOUT TIME ---
I WOULD HAVE TO GET OUT,
and
HE WAS DOING ME A BIG FAVOR --- by NOT CHARGING ME an
EXTRA FEE for OVERTIME!!!
When I reiterated the circumstances, and that Andy would be in touch with him, as soon as he finished meeting with the funeral home director ----
Mr. Patel (the manager or franchisee) said, HE DIDN'T CARE ---
“HE WAS in BUSINESS to MAKE MONEY not to be HUMAN”!!!
- When I advised him, as a seasoned business consultant, that if he would provide good Customer Service, the money would follow ---
He AGAIN, multiple times, adamantly told me he had to have his money in his hand RIGHT NOW, not an hour from now, and
NOTHING ELSE MATTERED nor was to be CONSIDERED!!!
- This was after my initial stay of two days already paid for, in cash, and the motel staff all knew I was planning to stay TWO WEEKS. My son-in-law's father arranged to help me with the cost, since I am a retired Senior Citizen. At this point in the situation, I am not sure that a full refund and a written apology would heal such insensitive, caloused counter-Goodwill treatment!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gary C
Ma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Everything we needed! Nice for a motel. Very satisfied. Appreciated the cleanliness. Room was a good size. Had frig, ironing board and nice room-darkening drapes. Tricky to access when approaching from the south. Can take northbound feeder road, turning left off of it at the Home Depot intersection to go under highway and continue straight on west-bound side street. Take first right then right again, now traveling east. Take a left through the alley that's just before the gas station and south feeder road. Motel is straight ahead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Jacksonville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Friendly, professional management and staff. Clean, comfortable room with a good breakfast. At a location close to shopping and dining for and affordable price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
#11 of 18 in The Woodlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Woodlands
Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands
Drury Inn & Suites Houston The Woodlands
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands

Been to Days Inn Shenandoah TX? Share your experiences!