TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Shenandoah
“Yuck!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

As most should know this line of Marriotts is designed for long-term stays although I stayed there overnight for a business trip. I was amazed that for a Marriott property (and I've stayed at dozens) how cheap this place felt. The heater smelled (#320), the toilet ran, the furniture was out of date and worn and worst of all, the sheets must have been 30 years old, very thin and poor quality. Yes, it is convenient to a lot of things, that's why I picked it in the first place but next time, I'll drive a little further and stay someplace nicer. My recommendation for typical business travelers to avoid this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mike T, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
I'm always interested in the guests reviews of our hotel and our staff as it let's us know how we're doing. It appears we really dropped the ball on your visit. The hotel is only 5 years old and we have received many compliments about the rooms and it's furnishings. I feel we have a great housekeeping staff and they take real pride in the hotel. It is set up to accommodate exteded stay guests but we have many guests that are with us for one night. The property has recently been taken over by a new management company and we are working hard to make it the kind of place you will want to return each time you visit the Woodlands. Some positive thins are happening and I feel sure you'll see some great changes if you'll give us another chance. I do apologize for any inconveniences and do hope to see you again if you return to the area. Thanks again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was here for one month and a half, its a nice place, has a lot of stuff close ... and the enviroment is nice... the food is really bad at the hotel but there is a lot of restaurants really close.. the mall its closes and there is a van whcich its is avialable to take you anywhere at the woodlans... the night life at the woodlands its fun.. 2 differents clubs and one bar make the difference

Room Tip: 105, 107 , 205 207 are the biggest rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kamilin12345
Thanks so much for posting your comments about your visit. Our staff strives to make every guests' stay an enjoyable one. I'm sure since you were here for a month you got to know the hotel and friendly staff well. I'm glad overall you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to read you didn't enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet or our complimentary evening social Monday through Wednesday. We do change up the menus of each for our extended stay guests. We do offer transportation to restaurants and shopping within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and there are restaurants within walking distance. I hope if you are in the area you'll visit us again. Thanks again for your comments!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located to The Woodlands Mall, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, and a plethora of restaurants. The property is a basic packaged Town Place Suites. Our room had a "squeaky" A/C unit that prevented a good nights sleep. I reported at check out and trust they will repair as the overall property condition was acceptable. Decent property, but nothing special.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The location is why I chose this hotel. For my business trip it was central to the locations I was visiting. Large comfortable room met my needs but the air conditioning unit was very loud. It was 100 degrees during the daytime, so I couldn't do without it. Breakfast buffet good. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Each time I stay at a Marriott suites hotel though I wonder why they cannot get their sheets on the bed more comfortable. They always seem to wrinkle up during the night and I find myself having to try to straighten them out frequently. Makes for not the most comfortable sleep. Would stay again for the convenience, and put up with the sheets.
Very convenient to the Woodlands restaurants. Outback restaurant walking distance from the hotel, for others, a car is needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for the first time due to having business in the Woodlands for 5 days. It has a bit of a motel feel to it, but honestly this hotel is better than some 4-star hotels I stayed at in Europe. It's clean, homely, nice breakfast, nice pool, ok gym (small) and great friendly staff! The breakfast is served on plastic plates, but taste is fine. Smoking anywhere outside. I slept like a baby in their comfy beds. All good, in other words.
Driving tip: if you have gps troubles and don't like the ride-along, take the backroad, Grogans Mills road, to get you around the Woodlands. It won't show up on your gps but just turn left when you exit the hotel and you will get where you need to go anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Amy L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott - The Woodlands. We certainly appreciate your kind words. I have shared your feedback with our team! We hope to see you on your next visit to the Woodlands.

Warm Regards,
Amy Lusk
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

A little tricky to get to, but overall this hotel hits the right spot in value. The rooms are very ample and have anything you might need, here we found the comfiest bed in our trip. The breakfast far is definitely a plus, the food is varied and tasty. We stayed here because it is so close to the woodlands pavilion, and it was pretty easy to love around from here.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Cyngtz
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I have has some mixed thoughts on this place. Ill try to keep it positive. The staff is great- friendly, accommodating and helpful. It appears that they have a shuttle but I have not used it. Though the room is nice and has all if the things you would expect in a suite, it is very small and poorly laid out. It's unwelcoming walking into the door because its very tight. There's no counter space to set things in the kitchen. the TVs do not face the bed and the staff is aware of the problem because before I could get it out they told me I could rearrange the furniture. I knew this place wouldn't be that close to Houston but its more of a hike than I expected and the freeway system here requires that you keep passing the hotel and turning around to get to it. I have always heard the woodlands is one of the best neighborhoods in the USA but its really boring out here for young people. They have a nice pool but it's only outside so I haven't used it. I like the breakfast here and the free beer at night is a plus. I had a lot of things broken in my room and empty shampoo bottles when I checked in. No utensils in the kitchen. I would probably not stay here again mostly due to the location and the small room. If you travel alone you might find the room quite adequate. I noticed several rooms have dogs so maybe people stay here because of the pet policy. I know that's why I stayed here. But the room isn't big enough for us all! Pet fee was very high in my experience.

• Stayed April 2013
Amy L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience while at our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback. It enables us to grow as a team and to better serve our guests. I was pleased to hear your commendation of our team's service. While I regret you were not completely satisfied with the set up of your suite, I hope our team's adjustment to the furniture placement helped you to be more at ease. I have addressed your communication with our housekeeping and maintenance team as well. We hope to see you again if you find yourself in the Woodlands area.

Warm Regards,
Amy Lusk
TownePlace Suites by Marriott - The Woodlands
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
SpringHill Suites Houston The Woodlands
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands
Hyatt Place Houston / The Woodlands
Days Inn Shenandoah TX
Days Inn Shenandoah TX
#3 of 7 in Shenandoah
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Shenandoah

Been to TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah? Share your experiences!