“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Shenandoah
Houston, Texas
“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Greeted and checked in by the General Manager, Jeff M. VERY personable and extremely helpful. I booked a room with a whirlpool tub and, prior to arrival, was apprehensive about the cleanliness I would find. As it turns out, I was worried for nothing! The bathroom and especially the whirlpool tub was SPOTLESS! The room was also very clean and comfortable. The room was quiet, despite being right outside the freeway! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This the hotel my family chose when visiting the Houston areas. I will go through pros and cons and make some suggestions and hopefully things change for the better.
Pros:
Close to the Woodlands and I-45. I-45 is your big highway around the Houston area.
Friendly staff, the staff are very helpful and very friendly.
Good value, instead of spending tons of money staying right by the Woodlands mall, you can save some money and still be minutes away from the fun areas.
Rooms are big and quiet.

Cons:
Appliances are old and some don't work, some rooms have better appliances some don't, we didn't bother getting our coffee machine replaced but it didn't work. I'm sure they will replace it if asked to.

Suggestions:
Front desk needs a bell. Sometime there are no one at the front desk, a bell would allow the customers to get help right away.
TV channel list, every room should have a list of all the available TV channels. No one has time scrolling through all the channels.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelCloud2
Jeff M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and service. We have recently upgraded all of our coffee makers to new, single-cup brewers – and are in the process of upgrading other appliances. Thank you for your suggestions - we now have a cable provider with a digital TV guide and a channel listing in our guest services directory. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to The Woodlands.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was the best service and most caring and helpful staff of any hotel I've ever stayed in! This was true with the top managers, desk staff, housekeeping and maintenance. I felt like I was in their home rather than in a hotel. I was to be there a few nights, but because of a family emergency, I was there 22 nights. The room was very comfortable and clean. Breakfasts had a wide variety of good choices and plentiful quantities, and they served dinner some nights. The shuttle service was invaluable. They even came in early, or on an off day, or stayed late for the hours I needed to be at a nursing home. The internet connection always was good, and I printed a boarding pass. The laundry was a big help for my extended stay. I'm a very grateful guest!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 10Thankful
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor. We’re glad you encountered exceptional service and accommodations and we’re pleased to have been of assistance, although we wish it were under better circumstances for you and your family. Again, thank you for your kind words.
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. The room was fine. Lobby was nice. Other areas looked a bit run down. The staff were very nice and helpful! The big ding for this hotel is the Internet. Being here on business, I had to do a couple of Internet dependent webinars from 5:30-7:30. The Internet connectivity made this extremely challenging. If a hotel is going to advertise Internet availability, it should be able to deliver on that claim.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I want to first start by saying the staff at this hotel was very friendly and accomodating. They were very helpful, but I would not stay here again. This hotel needs an update. The rooms were not clean, and I did not enjoy my stay. I did have a problem in my room with the cleanliness, and was moved to a much nicer room. I appreciated the room change, and the staff was extreamely helpful with this, but the new room was still not very nice/clean. The internet also did not work while I was there, and as I was traveling for business, this was an inconvenience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you had a pleasant experience with our staff and found them friendly and accommodating. I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in regards to the condition of the hotel and the inconvenience caused by the quality internet. Your feedback allows us the opportunity to see what we are doing right and what improvements need to be made. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in the future.
Azle, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

i would recommend this hotel. We had a basketball team staying here. it was perfect. The staff was great, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was good and the location was excellent. The rate was reasonable. The on-site laundry was a plus!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to hear your stay here at the Comfort Suites in Shenandoah was perfect. It’s a pleasure you were able to experience our wonderful staff, excellent location, clean rooms and took advantage of our free hot breakfast that includes Belgian waffles and eggs. Your compliments serve as great encouragement to our entire team and allow us the information to assure we are providing guests with a great stay and excellent service. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience.
Houston
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding that was at Townhall Texas. The staff was super nice, the room I stayed in was wonderful, the breakfast was great, and the drive was very easy to the hall. I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alison H
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s a pleasure to hear you had such a positive experience during your stay, found our staff nice and were able to take advantage of the free hot breakfast. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of the staff. Your feedback is very important to us and helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay to all our guests. Come back and see us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
#11 of 18 in The Woodlands
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands
TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah

Been to Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands? Share your experiences!