“Dirty Room”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Shenandoah
Rockwall, TX
“Dirty Room”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I booked a room a month early for one night. I was supposed to have a room with two queen beds. When we got to the room, it had not been cleaned and the beds were a mess. When I went back to the front desk, they informed me that they didn't have any other rooms with two queen. They offered to put all 4 of us in a room with a king bed. I asked them how much it would be considering that they didn't have the room that I booked a month ahead of time. They told me that the best they could do was give me a 10% discount. It was late and I didn't have much of a choice and we had already unloaded our car. When my credit card was billed, the 10% dicount was nowhere to be seen, and they charged me the full amount. I will never stay at this hotel again. They had obviously tried to dress this place up, but it didn't work. Everything from the carpet to the paint was very shotty. We had two other families meeting us here and one of them got stuck in a room with a single king bed too. They had also booked a room with two queen beds. The other family was overcharged $50 for their room. This place is a joke.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Nice hotel, cool design.. great breakfast, nice updated rooms. I had work in the woodlands and this hotel was in the perfect location! I recommend to any business travelers.

• Stayed January 2012
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I originally booked 2 rooms for 3 nights. I called the day before and added one day for one room. I called prior to my arrival due to being lost and asked for directions. I was on I-45 but could not locate them. The night clerk had not idea about the surrounding area and told me he could not help me. I found the hotel and checked in which took longer due to none of the computers operating correctly. I listened to the desk clerks entire story of his kidney stone surgery and how he was out of work for a week etc. I cancelled the 2 rooms for the three days and he wrote down my confirmation number. Upon waking up and getting ready to leave my 2 children were sleeping on the sofa bed and found a strange pair of mens underwear in the sheets and blankets. Upon checkout when I advised the desk clerk of this the response I received was "oh wow". Unprofessional and inexcusable. After my vacation I noticed my bank was charged $571.44 when my one night stay was only $129. I called and spoke with Jason the clerk who told me the second room was not cancelled. Their clerk made an error and now they want to charge me. Their error is now something I am having to fight to get corrected. Jason stated he would have the manager get back with me because she was out at that time. Its been 2 days....how unprofessional is that! I am currently looking for other resources or corporate affiliations I can take my problem to. They are over charging me for their employee error and have no courtesy to even call and discuss this. I would NEVER advise anyone to stay at this hotel and I am going to be sure to post on every site I can find to let them know. I am also writing to the Renissance board to advise them they may not want to be affilitated with this hotel in the future. Adding the complaints that I have already found that may not be a hard decision for them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
ga
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I don't care what you say, you can't beat a clean hotel with a friendly staff. They never disappoint me. The room was great and even gave me the same room. They said they remembered but I really doubt they did.....but either way the hospitality was the best. I travel a lot and I will always enjoy coming back here! Highly recommend to everyone!

Room Tip: Pick the 2nd floor...it has nice overlook of the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jbh3577
Grace J, Owner at Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us again! We truly appreciate the feedback from our guests. Don’t underestimate yourself--you’re a memorable person! We always try to give each guest the same level of hospitable service, so I’m glad you appreciated it! We love to have you and we’re looking forward to your next visit.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This hotel looks very dated and I will not be returning. Before initialing anything, check for room rate adjustments. I requested an price adjustment to the quoted room rate and recieved an undesireable response from management.

Room Tip: Stay next door at the Hampton
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank BigDaddy083
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2011

we stayed at this hotel in order to avoid long commute from Pearland, TX. Overall it's a clean hotel. Not updated or modern looking..but it was clean. It was very close to Market Street and provided the essentials. nothing fancy but you don't pay the high prices either.

staff was very friendly...the hotel just needs new carpet and fresh paint. if you can overlook the aethetics then it's ok.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank taotravelmonster
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate hearing from our customers. We are in the process of renovating the hotel, so I would encourage you to come back and see the improvements. I’m glad you found us clean and hospitable; customer service is our number one priority. We’d love to have you back again soon.

Jackson Miss.
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here for 5 days during Ironman Texas. Every hotel in the area was full, and many of the Woodland hotels had jacked up prices to 200 to 300 per night. Ugh. I stayed here and was very happy. Close to everything, convienent parking, clean, nice pool. Rooms big, clean, quiet. I have already made reservations for next year. Big thumbs up. !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank JacksonGuy
Thank you so much for your lovely review! We love seeing the Ironman Texas come through every year and we want to make it affordable and convenient for them to come. We’d love to see you again soon—either for next year’s Ironman or sooner!

Comfort Suites Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shenandoah
Hampton Inn Houston-The Woodlands
Courtyard Houston The Woodlands
#11 of 18 in The Woodlands
Hilton Garden Inn Houston/The Woodlands
TownePlace Suites Houston North/Shenandoah

Been to Comfort Suites Near the Woodlands? Share your experiences!