“Excellent”

Waggon and Horses
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Watton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quintessential old English pub circa 1740 Old oak beams, Friendly lively locals bar, Excellent quality and value pub/restaurant food, Superb friendly staff.
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Turned up without a booking but they fitted us in despite having some large parties due.
Food was excellent, service was excellent, great atmosphere. Top marks all round.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Wow what can I say, food delicious and so much of it, I had to have my steak with red wine and mushroom sauce boxed up as I was so full, and the prices are quite reasonable, very very busy so booking at weekends is recommended. I come to this pub twice a year with my parents when I visit from Leeds and this couple have never let us down I wish them all the success and keep up the good work.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

There venison sausages are second to none, the potions are out of this world, the hospitality is really good. If you are ever in the Griston area just pop in.

1  Thank 24,411,272
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were extremely impressed by the food and friendly service we were received on our visit tonight. The portions were very large, so we could have done without a starter, but nether the less, we enjoyed all of what we could eat. Prices extremely reasonable for the good food and service. I'm quite fussy when it comes to eating out, as I don't like what I'd refer to as 'Wetherspoons' style rubbish! I had the Devilled whitebait for starter, and the Beer Battered Haddock and Chips which comes with a side salad for main. The Whitebait was perfectly cooked, and I was astonished at the size of the Haddock! It was huge! The batter was delicious. Very light & bubbly. I couldn't even eat a single chip after my starter and my huge piece of fish. So, I would say, unless your extremely ravenous, you may not need a starter. At a very reasonable £35 for 2 adults ordering a drink each, a tomato juice for our littlun, 2 starters and 2 mains, we will definitely return to try other options. The staff were very helpful and friendly too. Only very small criticism would be that if your looking for a romantic scene, then this is possibly not for you, as the decor could be updated, but, other than that, food = fab, service = fab

1  Thank KimKitten
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Celebrating my wife's birthday here was an excellent choice. The food and the service could not be faulted. The staff were attentive and polite. My only quibble was the Guinness that didn't taste as clean as it could, but I had cleaned my teeth just before I left the house,so it might have been that I could taste. I would recommend this pleasant place to all. The fire was lit and the whole pub was very cosy.

1  Thank Skaman G